Return to the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Manor

Postby Craigers07 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk accepts the healing potion from Dieter.

He sets out in the morning and purchases a one week supply of trail rations and then returns to the inn.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:19 pm

A New Adventure

The party finishes prepping leaves for this place of ogres.

The two newcomers lead you to where they heard about the ogre incursion. You head roughly in the same direction as Skull Mountain (you can see the top of the volcano in the distance over the trees), turning off the road sooner than you had on that adventure. The prairie is brief before you enter woods. You feel like you're passing over territory that should be owned by Dieter, Furuk, Grimes, Dandy and Einar, if you guess correctly. The day is warmer than you expected and the buzz of insects in the background is the only noise you hear other than the crunch of rocks and dried leaves under your feet.

You soon come to a swiftly moving wide stream (or narrow river). It is too fast moving to cross safely so you eat a late lunch (the stream water is cool and refreshing) head up a ways. Again, if calculations are correct, you should be in your territory and this stream or river would be one of the edges of it. Another mile or so and you find an old bridge with what remains of a road on both sides. You cross and head deeper into the wood along the path carved by the old road.

As shadows grow long, you spy an old manor, partially destroyed. It looks like some of the walls are completely down. There is an old keep still standing and a nearby short tower (or high outbuilding). You are still a good hundred and fifty yards away. It is nearly twilight: you can still see but it is getting dark and sunset is approaching rapidly.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 51/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19

OOC: A brief explanation of this at the bottom. Here I have the marching order (both single and double file) and current hit points. So single file, the party is Grimes, Furuk, Dieter, etc. while double file is Grimes and Furuk, Dieter and Dandy, Castinus and Shae. I just added Castinus and Shae to the end. I when HP falls from damage I mark it red and when it gains due to healing I mark it green. I also track current spell effects in parenthesis if they apply. I assume watch order for sleeping is the same as marching order unless otherwise specified.

Please let me know if you want the marching order to change.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes stares at the manor with thinly veiled disgust. "Nice place, that one is."
QUESTION: Are the manor, keep and tower all close to each other, or in the general vicinity?

We could scout out the manor invisibly, and if it's clear, we could camp there quietly and without fire tonight to keep an eye on the other locations. Or we could back off into the woods and find a defensible position till tomorrow.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 am

Castinus, seeming to read Grimes' mind, drops his pack to the ground and rubs his sore shoulder. "I say we scout the place out," he says, "then go camp someplace with a fire."

OC: Are we on horseback or on foot? Not sure if Horace is along for the journey.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 am

Horace the horse is with. If you aren't on horseback, he's reined. The rest of the party travels by foot.

The three buildings (or their remains) are in the same vicinity. The tower or outhouse looks like it could have been connected to the keep at one time by the manor walls. It's as if the keep was built first, the rest of the manse later and the tower/outbuilding once connected. It's difficult to see from where you are.

What do you do for invisibility or will Castinus scout using move silently/hide in shadows?
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:35 am

Dandy Dwarf Cleric

Heaves his pack off for a brief rest to his shoulders..."Heh... well, I don believe Imma vereh sneeky! But I'm fer stayin er followin, whichever ye say."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Grimes

Grimes will use his ring of invisibility to move forward to get a look-see.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Castinus will raise a finger in objection to Grimes' bold move, then slowly retract it, and begin to sulk.

He'll get over that quickly, though, and then move ahead silently, hiding in shadows, etc.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes, realizing his talents are bashing heads and leaping into battle, will remain invisible, and seeing Castinus heading forward, will shadow him in case he gets into trouble, leaving the real scouting to him. He'll stay back far enough so as not to make noise or get in the way. But if Castinus gets into trouble, he'll be only a short, wild jaunt away from coming to his aid.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will wait for the scouting team. He take a 360 degree look around for smoke trails from camp fires.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain