Out-of-character (OOC) chat

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:28 am

greyarea wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:ROIKOS: Cleric

As Joffrey turned Zephyr towards him, Roikos thought to reach out and heal the brave steed; alas, Joffrey was too quick on the dismount and 'horse-smack' sending the injured workhorse into safety.

Fantastic! Love it! :D

Thanks :D I'm still trying to learn the art of writing in character, and playing different personalities. Thanks for the kudos :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby BWS2K » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Suddenly, shattering the Gamer Code to pieces, a small folded note slides under the OOCroom door. It reads: "Greetings and well-met! I am completely new to this forum and I'm wondering... is there only a couple play-by-post games going on here? Is it possible that I could hop in at some point in the near future?" Below the text are the words "Yes" and "No" in large letters, with another sentence in parenthesis beneath: "(circle one)". There are letters at the bottom in green ink - "BW - a signature of sorts? A quick peek outside to the Hall of Wandering reveals nothing - whoever delivered this cryptic message has vanished.
BWS2K

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 am

Hi BW. Welcome to the forums. Right now there are only four active games on this site. There are a bunch of games over at the Unseen Servant forums, however.

If this were a lower level adventure, I'd let you join in a heartbeat. This being a higher-level adventure, however, the addition of another character, also of high level, would significantly alter the strength of the party. It would be much easier to let you in on a lower level adventure, however, so ask around.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:33 pm

BWS2K wrote:Suddenly, shattering the Gamer Code to pieces, a small folded note slides under the OOCroom door. It reads: "Greetings and well-met! I am completely new to this forum and I'm wondering... is there only a couple play-by-post games going on here? Is it possible that I could hop in at some point in the near future?" Below the text are the words "Yes" and "No" in large letters, with another sentence in parenthesis beneath: "(circle one)". There are letters at the bottom in green ink - "BW - a signature of sorts? A quick peek outside to the Hall of Wandering reveals nothing - whoever delivered this cryptic message has vanished.

Hi BWS2K! Great to have you on the forums! :mrgreen:

I've seen these forums ebb and flow with games, sometimes as little as four, and sometimes as many as 10 or more. Regardless, I've played on a few other sites and none have given me the feeling of family like Goblinoid. If this place isn't your cup of tea, you could try http://www.myth-weavers.com/ there are serious writers over there that take their RP'ing pretty seriously. There are all sorts of games over there (Pathfinder, AD&D3.5, AD&D4, etc.).

Myself, I like Goblinoid - some of the folks here have become my 'real life' friends (Facebook friends) even though I've yet to meet them in person. :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:17 am

Spanningtree wrote:OCC: No joke on the scanner front. Back in the day if you stayed with HP hardware you were safe. Now, it does not seem to matter who you buy from: they seem to almost push you into forced upgrades every couple of years.

Yeah, at work we use either el cheapo Canons since they're going to break anyway, or really high end and get warranties for them. Nothing in between seems worth it.
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Happy Xmas!
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 pm

greyarea wrote:Happy Xmas!

MERRY (belated) CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!! I hope Santa was good to you. :mrgreen:

Spanningtree wrote:Trip was awesome! Really good times with the family. My parents snowbird in Bozeman, MT during the winters (versus Cooke City, MT where they live in the summer. Google Cooke City, MT to see why Bozeman would be preferable in the winter ;) .). So we stayed with them, my brother came out from Billings, MT where I was born. Were planning to go back this summer and stay in Cooke City, from there we can spend a ton of time in Yellowstone park and little guy can get his nature on!

Welcome back! Glad you had a fun and safe trip! I would love to tour Montana someday - rugged winters there, so maybe I would want to live there, too. How old is your little (nature lover) guy?

connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:02 am

Welcome back, Joe. Sounds like a great trip. I have fond memories of visiting Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. My first thought was that it's great for you that they're only a couple states away. But that doesn't mean the same thing out west, does it?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:48 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Welcome back, Joe. Sounds like a great trip. I have fond memories of visiting Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. My first thought was that it's great for you that they're only a couple states away. But that doesn't mean the same thing out west, does it?

Yeah, it does sound like a great trip. I've flown over the area over a dozen times, but never set foot there. One of these days...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:44 pm

connivingsumo wrote:How old is your little (nature lover) guy?

He's 4 and 1/2. Full of energy and in everything. Have to watch out for bears/bison/moose while were up there in the summer. Some of the animals are not terribly afraid of people, especially small curious ones.

tumblingdice wrote:But that doesn't mean the same thing out west, does it?

Yeah, the states are bigger out here. To drive from LV, NV to southern MT is a 2-3 days affair depending on how much you sight see on the way.

badams30 wrote: One of these days...

Yellowstone is truly worth planning an entire vacation around. Quite a bit to see and do, best to drive through yourself instead of a tour group. The first time my wife was there her jaw was on the floor. We barely made it through the north entrance and we were seeing big horn sheep, bison and elk. Big herds of the bison and elk. She asked: "Where are the fences?" to which I responded: "There are none. It's a massive refuge.". She had it in her mind it was some kind of zoo. :D
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads