Return to the Temple

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Temple

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Tavin - Monk

Sheathing his sword he will dispatch the sleeping creates. After that he will check the table for any hidden spaces, knowing these creatures are cunning.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:30 am

"Why don't you ask your new friend what he and his mates were doing here in the first place?" proposes Calthas to Effric while recovering his arrows.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby merias » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am

"Ahem, yes well, it seems the creature doesn't understand me..." Effric says, a bit red-faced.

"If it were a woodland animal I could speak with it. Does anyone speak its tongue, or perhaps that of orc or goblin? It may speak any of those."
merias

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:13 pm

merias wrote:"Ahem, yes well, it seems the creature doesn't understand me..." Effric says, a bit red-faced.

"If it were a woodland animal I could speak with it. Does anyone speak its tongue, or perhaps that of orc or goblin? It may speak any of those."

Thurwin stops in his tracks. "Ah, I can speak orc and goblin tongue, let's see if that helps, eh?"

Thurwin will cancel his search of the area to try and converse with the gnoll, relaying any info that Effric tells him to speak/ask/whatever.

Thurwin says to Effric, "You may want to tell this fellow that he can trust me, and listen to my words, to avoid any confusion when we are in a pinch."
badams30

Postby merias » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:42 pm

badams30 wrote:Thurwin stops in his tracks. "Ah, I can speak orc and goblin tongue, let's see if that helps, eh?"

Thurwin will cancel his search of the area to try and converse with the gnoll, relaying any info that Effric tells him to speak/ask/whatever.

Thurwin says to Effric, "You may want to tell this fellow that he can trust me, and listen to my words, to avoid any confusion when we are in a pinch."

"Good idea, Thurwin." Effric puts his arm around Thurwin's shoulders, smiling at the gnoll and telling him we are all good buddies and that he can trust Thurwin, letting Thurwin translate as he does so.
merias

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 am

Thurwin finds nothing more of interest in the room. Tavin ends the lives of the dog-men slumbering. As he is near the far door (where the gnolls came from), he swears he can hear more of them further in the room beyond, perhaps from another room beyond.

It turns out the gnoll can speak a pidgin goblin-tongue. Me name Toto, he says in a kind of barking goblin. We all friends?

The men at arms seem uncomfortable with your new canine friend.

Encounter Complete

2XP each

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Morgan 18/18
M@A1 (Joe)
M@A2 (Darryl)
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <CLW>
Calmert
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
M@A3 (Jay)
greyarea

Postby kwll » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:45 am

Calthas takes a peek at the other room -- from which the second group of gnolls appeared -- while his friends try to communicate with the dog faced monster.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:23 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin smiles reassuringly at the men at arms and says quietly "At ease, men. This creature has been magically befriended. He won't hurt us." Thurwin then turns to Toto and says "Hello, Toto. I am Thurwin. And yes, friends. All friends. Can you tell me how many more of your kind are around here? Where are they, and do they know of our presence? Thurwin gives his best stern expression and says "Your former companions were trying to hurt Effric. The others have been ordered to do the same. We can't let that happen now, can we?"

OOC: Thurwin will translate what the gnoll says to the party.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Morgan smiles at his brother's antics, then joins Calthas as he looks into the next room.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Toto nods excitedly when Thurwin mentions more gnolls. He seems a bit confused when asked more complex questions. The goblin pidgin seems to be breaking down. Yes, there are more gnolls, he responds. When asked how many he says, Yes, more. He gets a bit frustrated that you don't understand. Yes, more. When asked where the other gnolls are he answers, Here in this place. I show you where.

When you mention his old companions, he looks sadly at the dead gnolls on the floor. Then sadly at Effric. Why friends kill friends? he says.

Meanwhile...

Calthas and Morgan take in the next room. The walls of this place are of plain stone. Doors to the north and west are normal. Four heaps of bedding — rags, torn tap- estries, rugs, etc. — lie by the south wall. Two stools stand near the entrance to the southeast passage. Opposite this entrance, along the wall, is a crude shelf, supporting several samples of pottery — bottles and mugs. Under it, in the north- west corner, stand four spears.

The exit east seems to rejoin the passage you were exploring earlier.

There is noise of argument coming from the door to the north.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Morgan 18/18
M@A1 (Joe)
M@A2 (Darryl)
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <CLW>
Calmert
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
M@A3 (Jay)