Newcomer looking for a learning game.

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Newcomer looking for a learning game.

Postby Ferlitio » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm a newcomer to RPG's, so far only played a pair of 5E and Pathfinder sessions. Started reading about the OSR, and decided that i want to try it. Downloaded the free versions of LL from the site and i loved the simple approach of the old-school movement.
Sadly, i hadn't find a game of LL where to play at. tried my luck at roll20 without success, and learned about the Play-by-Post forums.

Basically, i'm interested on joning a game as a newcomer to LL. could be PbP, Roll20, etc. I'm more comfortable to text-based than voice or videochat.
Ferlitio

Re: Newcomer looking for a learning game.

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi Ferlitio, welcome!

If you are interested in play by post (PBP) there are several (2-3) active games on this forum. Look at the PBP forums lower on the list. Take a look at the games and if they perk your interest contact the GM and see if you can get a spot ( the active games will have recently dated posts). Another good place to look for PBP gaming is the Unseen Servant forums. Good luck.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Re: Newcomer looking for a learning game.

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:27 am

Welcome, Ferlitio! It's great to see a fellow gamer take an interest in the OSR.

Spanningtree summed up everything you need to know. While I just started a DM sabbatical after a four-year campaign, I might be persuaded to run a one-off adventure for beginning level characters. Perhaps a few others might join as well. See if any existing games pique your interest first, however.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Return to Gamer Gatherings