Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:12 am

Marcus gladly hands over the sword.

Thank you wizard. Do you sell spells? We might have some Dutybound who need to fill their spellbooks in the pursuit of protecting the innocent and helping those in need.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:37 am

Spanningtree: Yes, 275 per person is correct for total haul sold.

Herren gingerly takes the wand from Nahin, and nods as you set the gold on the counter. He seems more interested in examining the wand than the coin. "Ah, yes. Let me see what I can do, eh? I'll take good care of it for you, son." He looks at Marcus and sidesteps his question. "Ah, Torm. Yes, I know of your order. Good men, yes. Spells? No young man. I don't have any items or spells available. I am just a humble old mage who helps those in need with my flagging talents." He chuckles and looks back at Nahin and says "You seek adventure? Ah, yes, Ah yes. I saw a man two nights back asking about men of virtue and character for a mission most important. He was staying at the River Shining. What was his name? Oh, hmmm..." He rubs his chin and shouts "AH! YESSSSS! He is an older gent, a wizard, if I gathered correctly. Mysterious fellow. Said his name was Flamsterd. Red robes, pointy hat, long white beard, you get the idea." He gets a serious look and says "He seemed to be a man on a mission. I'd seek him out if adventure is what you seek. He said something about riches and glory and all that..."

Herren glances at the wand, rubbing it lovingly and then looks up. "Well then, is there anything else? If not, come see me two days from now and I'll have this charged." Before waiting for a reply, he turns and retreats back into his shop area, leaving the gold on the counter.

The River Shining is the tavern in the affluent section of town. You've been there, but it's not quite an adventurers haven. It's about 3 blocks away. What's next, Dutybound?

OOC: Sorry for the delay, we are ready to move along again. Thanks for your patience, gents!
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Nahin - Elf

Looking over at Marcus he will shrug. I don't know about you but I don't have much else to do, head to The River Shining?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Marcus, paladin

Part of me doesn't trust this River Shining bloke, but let's go ahead and check it out. We're here for adventure and good service, are we not?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 pm

So it sounds like a trip to the River Shining is the plan. I am assuming Rory and Jayce are tagging along. Grinkle decides to take this time and attend to your mounts (which were being cared for by your militia colleagues since your departure.)

You arrive at the River Shining, you have been in here on a handful of occasions, it is in the affluent section of Daggerford, and although you are well regarded as heroes within the town and area, you feel slightly out of place among the wealthy of the area. You get polite greetings and nods, but generally the folks leave you be. Entering, the barkeep waves and says "Morning' gents. What can I get for you?" He motions for you to sit where you like. It isn't very busy, so there are plenty of tables about.

As is your usual custom, you find a larger table toward the back of the establishment facing the door. You sit down and as you wait for the barmaid to come by, you scan the occupants of the inn. There are probably a dozen merchants and well-heeled Daggerford people here, and almost hidden in the corner near the fireplace is an older human in red robes. He has a long white beard and hair, and sits at his table slowly smoking a long stemmed clay pipe. As you spot him, you see that he is staring at you in curiosity. He nods as your eyes meet his. He pauses to take a drink from a tankard, then resumes looking you all over for a moment, before averting his gaze. The bar maid comes by to take your order, and as she stands by the table, you can't help but see the man look your way a handful of times, occasionally pausing to mutter to himself or nod. The only other person of note here is a trio of halflings sitting indian-style on the floor with their plates on their laps, tankards alongside, chatting merrily amongst themselves.

The barmaid smiles and says "What can I get you men? Breakfast is still on the fire, and we've got some light drinking fare, if that's your speed.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Rory cocks his head to the side, raising an eyebrow as he looks at the trio of halflings. Recognition lights up his eyes, and he pushes himself up from the table then struts over to where they're sitting. "Stubbs!" he says in greeting to one of them, tousling his hair. "Look at you! All respectable now, just like me. What news from Waterdeep?" Rory asks, forgetting himself for a moment, as he sits down on the floor to join the little group. "Whatever became of our friend Geldan?"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:22 pm

The halflings drop their plates in surprise, and as Rory approaches them, they hug him in turn and each seems happy to see him, until the words "Geldan" are mentioned. With long faces, the halflings begin to speak to Rory in low tones. Rory's smile disappears as well. The occupants of the in glance on curiously, as does the robed man...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Marcus approaches the robed man. Are you the one known as Flamsterd? We understand that one with that name is looking for assistance.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:07 am

Jayce - Fighter
Jayce smiles, puzzled, at Rory's reunion with the halflings.
He then turns to follow Marcus, keeping a few paces behind the paladin. As Marcus addresses the mage, he moves to provide support if needed.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Rory loses his grip on his tankard of ale. It spills on the floor. "No!" he cries out. "He can't. He can't!" The half-elf grabs Stubbs by the shirt collar. "You lie. Tell me you're lying!" Just as quickly, he lets go of the halfling, then storms out of the common room, and up to the party's accommodations.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure