Sneak Peek

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Sneak Peek

Postby bighara » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:26 pm

<pimp>
You can see an excerpt and some art from FMG's upcoming Mor and Lesserton over at the EVTS!
</pimp>
bighara

Re: Sneak Peek

Postby petespahn » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:59 am

Ha! Nice. :-) One question, why would you give a password that does not get the ransom paid? (It's late so I may be reading this wrong).

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby rredmond » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 pm

I hink the patr/matriarch purchases a couple passwords and whomsoever they didn't want returned, well... They got the no-return password and weren't returned ;) family politics :D
at least that was my take.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby bighara » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm

There are several possible reasons to give the "false" password. As the text says, if one is being maltreated, you may not want to let them have the money. Perhaps the prisoner was being tortured for the password and, knowing he would be killed afterward, he didn't want his captors to have the satisfaction of getting the money. Alternately, it might be a bargaining chip. There isn't a fixed reason, but it is a service Brinkley's offers to give the adventurer more options in a tight place. How or when it is used is up to the player. :D
bighara

Postby petespahn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Ok I got it. I guess I just figured if I was being tortured, there's no way I'd give a false password. I'd give Brinkley the "get my money here asap!" Password. :-)

I'm thinking this probably works something like the Somali pirates though. As in Brinkley has established himself, so the monsters know they can get easy wealth from capturing PCs instead of killing them. Maybe if they kill the PCs after being paid, they know Brinkley won't deal with them again. Or perhaps he'll pass the location of their lair onto the Adventurers Guild. . .

Thought of a cool plot hook--So what happens when Brinkleys assistant begins leaking the names of his most valuable clients to a band of evil adventurers and they begin capturing the clients and holding them for ransom?
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Return to Labyrinth Lord