Return to the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Manor

Postby greyarea » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 am

Ogres quattro

The ogres charge. They will get to Castinus' position in a round.

Castinus fires his Bow of Doubling at the nearest target (d20x2, 15, HIT, AUTOHIT, dmg 2d6, 6+2=8) and the ogre screams in anger as he is hit. Castinus then high-tails it alerting the others with the secret yet effective scream of danger.

The others race to meet the ogres. Massive action starting next round.

Grimes, the invisible-halfling-on-the-edge, charges the ogres, casting his web at them. He snares two of the ogres (the middle two) in the web and charges the lead ogre, appearing before him as the invisibility is broken by his action.

Two of the ogres are webbed and struggling. You can already hear the strands breaking against their mighty muscles. One of the free ogres moves to engage Grimes and the other gives chase to Castinus, who is barely ahead of the behemoth.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 51/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes growls and snorts at the ogre in front of him "RRRRrrrrRRrrrRrrr!!!! I'm gonna' chop your legs off!" And he tries his best to do just that....

OOC: I believe Grimes is -1 to hit from giant sized creatures, and he'll try to use that to his advantage...
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 am

Castinus fires another set of arrows at his quarry.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will stop and fire off a magic missile (new and improved from the level up, 2 missiles per casting) spell at the ogre Grimes is engaged with if he is in range, if not he'll continue to close distance.

OCC: Spell deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Dandy Dwarf Cleric

Dandy sprints straight toward the action, but will stop short of actually engaging in the 'melee blob' soon to develop! Dandy's intention is to use his Dwarven Hammer as a missile weapon, and stay back for a wide range view of who may need healing!

OOC: I've checked both the LL Rules, and the AEC, and I cannot find anything about Dwarves receiving a bonus to hit on 'larger than man sized' creatures, nor a bonus to their AC when fighting 'larger than man sized' opponents. Perhaps I'm thinking of the "AD&D" rules? *Any help is appreciated - my 'LL Muscles' are rather stiff and full of cobwebs! :oops:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm

OOC: Dwarves are larger than Halflings so don't get the same size bonus.

Just waiting on KJC now...
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk meets the nearest ogre and attacks with his sword.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm

greyarea wrote:OOC: Dwarves are larger than Halflings so don't get the same size bonus.

Just waiting on KJC now...

Knowing KJC, I'd say his action will be:

Pulls his purple tutu up to just below his armpits, then swings his pink Hello Kitty shortsword in wild arcs while shouting "SHOO! SHOOOOO!"
badams30

Postby kjc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 am

badams30 wrote:Knowing KJC, I'd say his action will be:
Pulls his purple tutu up to just below his armpits, then swings his pink Hello Kitty shortsword in wild arcs while shouting "SHOO! SHOOOOO!"

ooc: @badams: I can't believe you would be so mean! To imply that I would ever accessorize pink with purple is just hateful...I wouldn't be caught dead without complementary colors and a matching scarf! You Sir are no gentleman!
(rapidly and limp-wristedly fanning both hands near eyes, choking back tears)

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"Castinus!" yells Shae as she runs towards the melee. She hopes to find higher ground from which to fire arrows at the ogres, staying out of their reach.
ooc:Spells: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud
Last edited by kjc on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 am

kjc wrote:
badams30 wrote:Knowing KJC, I'd say his action will be:

ooc: @badams: I can't believe you would be so mean! To imply that I would ever accessorize pink with purple is just hateful...I wouldn't be caught dead without complementary colors and a matching scarf! You Sir are no gentleman!
(rapidly and limp-wristedly fanning both hands near eyes, choking back tears)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain