The World of Shannara

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: The World of Shannara

Postby excior » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Blood axe wrote:Sounds like a cool idea! I read a few of the books. I remember being a bit surprised when they were attacked by some kind of half-mechanical- half flesh cyborg monster. I thought it was a pure fantasy novel. Good book.

Yea that was a cool monster.
excior

Re: The World of Shannara

Postby excior » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Posted this on the other page not sure if anybody saw it

excior wrote:Here is what I have for the Rock Troll. Please be kind, I would like to point out that I have never played the game so I may be doing this all backwards. and I could not find where to determine how many drawbacks the race would have.

Troll
Brief History:

Trolls are the descendants of humans who survived the cataclysm of the Great Wars above ground, and were directly exposed to the dangerous radiation unleashed across the earth. In the days and years following the Grey Wars their precursors were known as Lizards, beings that developed either scale like or bark like skin, featureless faces, and in some cases the inability to talk in the common tongue.

Trolls live in various regions across the Four Lands, and there are several species; Rock Trolls, Mwellrets, Forest Trolls and River Trolls. The different Troll Races have no allegiance to another, and in particular the latter two species are sworn rivals of the Rock Trolls

Rock Troll:

Hit Dice: 1d8 per point of CON
Mutations:
Physical
Gigantism, Increased Physical Attribute, Natural Armor (AC:6) + 1 random physical,

Mental
Acute Hyper Healing,

Physical Mutation Drawbacks:

Bizarre Appearance

Rock trolls are the largest and most formidable fighters in the Four Lands. They stand 6–7 feet tall, have bark like skin, and lack little fingers, and have no hair. The Rock Trolls are principally a race of tribal nomads that live in the deep Northland, especially in the Kershalt and the Charnel Mountains. Rock trolls are the finest and most feared fighters in the Four Lands, and typically wear heavy armor and carry large heavy weapons. Despite a stringent code of honor and a history of warfare and invasions into the Southland, they are a relatively peaceful people with little desire to expand into other territories. The Rock Trolls are allies and trading partners of the Freeborn of Callahorn, the Elven Kingdom of Arborlon, and the Druid Council of Paranor.
excior

Previous

Return to Mutant Future