Realms of Crawling Chaos coming late winter! (now available)

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Realms of Crawling Chaos coming late winter! (now available)

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 am

Realms of Crawling Chaos...now available!
Get the electronic file here and the print version here!

The book will go into distribution sometime early this summer.

In R’lyeh, Cthulhu Stirs…

Evil cultists consummate their union with Shub-Niggurath in dark woods no mortal dares go. Alien terrors lurk in the underworld; their vast riches wait, or their incomprehensible powers could leave you broken, dead, or worse. Adventure in underworlds filled with horrible entities, or the ruins of alien beings that enslaved the ape-like ancestors of mankind. Seek hidden secrets from the arctic wastes to dark, briny seas. But as you approach the ocean, what are those strange longings you feel?

Realms of Crawling Chaos is a Lovecraftian Dark Fantasy campaign supplement for Labyrinth Lord and the Advanced Edition Companion. Referees can incorporate the new material into existing campaigns, or design an entirely new milieu of gritty sword and sorcery gaming.

In this book you will find:

New player races from the works of H. P. Lovecraft, including white apes, white ape hybrids, sea blood, and subhumans. New races are presented both as race-class options and as races for use with advanced classes.

New spells

New monsters

New artifacts and a system for designing unique artifacts

Rules for psionics, fully compatible with Mutant Future

Pages: 64

Written by Daniel Proctor and Michael Curtis
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: Realms of Crawling Chaos...coming late winter!

Postby beedo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 am

Totally awesome product concept - really looking forward to it!

Can you spoil some things? Is this *just* the Lovecraft stuff that's in public domain, or did you get access to the larger 'Cthulhu Mythos' somehow with Chaosium?

How about letting us know the Race-Class options? Valusian Serpent Men by any chance? Definitely looking forward to the Innsmouth Look (Deep One hybrids) and the White Ape Hybrids. :shiver:
beedo

Postby Skathros » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 am

This sooooo sounds cool!!!! I'm in! I can just hear the tentacles writhing.
WIZARDS' LORE: A Wizards' World fan site & home to Dungeon Delving Games.
OSRWTF: A more critical look at the movement from a disenchanted fan.
Skathros

Postby John Adams » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:17 am

Awesome!
John Adams

Postby michaelcurtis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 am

Dan did an amazing job on this one and I'm deeply honored he asked me to be a part of it. I'll leave it up to Dan to reveal details, but this is a good one, folks. I predict there'll be some very interesting Labyrinth Lord campaigns starting up after this hits the shelves...
michaelcurtis

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:48 am

beedo wrote:Totally awesome product concept - really looking forward to it!

Can you spoil some things? Is this *just* the Lovecraft stuff that's in public domain, or did you get access to the larger 'Cthulhu Mythos' somehow with Chaosium?

How about letting us know the Race-Class options? Valusian Serpent Men by any chance? Definitely looking forward to the Innsmouth Look (Deep One hybrids) and the White Ape Hybrids. :shiver:

This is from the actual Lovecraft fiction that is in the public domain. Part of the reason this project has taken so long is that as part of it I went back and carefully reread all of his fiction...took a while and got burned out in the process! Part of the reason I did this was to make sure to see what actually is in the Lovecraft stories, all the other later works by other people are not public domain, which is fine with me because much if it gets away from Lovecraft's original intention.

There are two versions of each of those four PC races, the race-as-class version and the separate race that can be paired with a class from the AEC. I didn't get too crazy with the PC races because I wanted it to be a bit more conservative like LL/AEC...you'll find serpent people in the book as monsters, though!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby beedo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 am

This is all gleeful news - really looking forward to it. There's actually not much outside of Lovecraft that would be missed, anyway (that a DM couldn't stat for their home campaign).

So are sub-humans like the devolved Martense kin from 'The Lurking Fear', the cannibal Delapore's of 'Rats in the Walls'... Tcho-Tcho's maybe? The mind reels.

It's going to be hard to wait for this one to be released.
beedo

Postby Denim N Leather » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:03 am

What a strange coincidence!

I've just gotten into the HP PODCRAFT literary podcast on d20 Radio. Facinating stuff!

Not entirely sure if I would use anything from this book, but I'm dying to check it out, nonetheless!
Denim N Leather

Postby austrodavicus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 am

Fantastic news, can't wait. Thank you Dan and Michael.
austrodavicus

Postby elf23 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:22 am

I can't wait for this! And I was actually thinking recently that LL could do with a set of psionics rules, for those who feel like using them. I've never actually used psionics in a campaign, but I've recently been coming round to the idea...
elf23

Next

Return to Labyrinth Lord