6. The Stone Wood

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 6. The Stone Wood

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am

Athelstan - Fighter
Athelstan scowls and says "I thought we were going to contact the horse man and see what he could tell us? If this is the case, we need to return to the moors." We can head north, but other than the cryptic map, we have nothing. Perhaps the horse can tell us something of use." Athelstan glances at the party and shrugs. "If you all insist on going North, I guess I'll go, I can't leave you alone, can I? But I'm not happy about it."
badams30

Postby kipper » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

Anja is also adamant about summoning Loshad, and returns to the moors with Athelstan.
kipper

Postby Blood axe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Harn
If its to be the moors, we should all go.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Soldath - Mage

I go where needed... he will go to the moors also.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Day 22, Nytdain, Thaumont 22nd, northern edge of high moors, midnight

You make your way back to the moors. Though the moon is bright, a thick fog soon settles in, limiting your vision to no more than a few yards in front of you.

As before, Meringered hops down from his horse. He stands on one leg, and lets out a piercing whistle.

For a minute, there is silence. Just when you think you'll have to do this all over again tomorrow night, you hear what sounds like a distant thunder. The noise intensifies as it moves closer, assaulting your senses from all directions. Dark shapes move in and out of the fog all around you, circling closer.

Finally, they stop all at once in perfect unison. Three magnificent warhorses, and one strange creature: half man, half horse, wielding a longbow.

Loshad! He looks at you for a moment in silence. "Two-legged beasts!" he bellows in greeting. "Twice now in two nights you have summoned me. What would you ask of me?"

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan Politely nods at the horse-man, and says "Our thanks for answering our call. We have been told your knowledge is limitless of this land, and we ask - do you know the whereabouts of some ancient ruins called Xitaqua (is that spelled right?) The cursed goblin raiders have some innocents held hostage at this location, and we seek to rescue them and avenge the fallen. Do you know of this place, and if so, could you tell us where we can find it?"

Athelstan pauses and says "We are of slightly modest means, but if you require compensation for this information, we will do what we can."

Lastly, Athelstan says "Would you happen to know who is behind these attacks and what their motives are?"

OOC: Athelstan is no diplomat, but he's arrogant and pushy, and despite knowing that he's not the best spokesman, he does it anyway. He IS Thaytian, you know.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:09 am

Loshad listens in silence to Athelstan's questions, but interrupts when the fighter gets to the subject of payment. "Compensation, Thyatian?" He asks, snorting in derision. "What would you offer me in compensation? Silver? Gold? Gems? Land that two-legged beasts claim for themselves?

"No, Thyatian," Loshad says. "I have no use for such so-called riches. My brethren are my only concerns." The creature begins to pace back and forth. "Those you see here," he says, gesturing to his three companions, "as well as all horses. Those who labor under the yoke of man. Those who have burned alive in their captors' stables as goblins and man have made war. Yes, I have seen from afar these raids you speak of. I know not why they happen, nor do I concern myself with them, so long as my horses remain safe."

"But, to answer your first question," he says, reining in his rambling. "You seek the ruins of Xitiqa, ancient city of the beast-mean, the Hutakaans. Yes. I can tell you where it is." Loshad puts his finger to his chin for a moment, scratching his beard.

"But first, you must do something for me."

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:00 am

Athelstan - FIghter

Athelstan tries his best to contain his righteous indignation, seeing as we need this info. He keeps stonefaced and says as he pats Bud on the head "I understand your concern for your brethren. I think you'll find that we treat our companions here with respect. But what is it that you'd have of us?"
badams30

Postby kwll » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Intimidated by the theatrical appearance of Loshad, Meringered steps slightly aside and listens to the exchange with Athelstan. When the horse-man enters the subject of compensation for the piece of information the party is after, his eyes flicker briefly towards old Anja. He listens intently.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Loshad regards you closely as Meringered looks at Anja, and Athelstan's face goes red. After a moment, he makes his demands. "Not far from here, two werewolves--Bailakask and Kalkask, mother and son--have been hunting and slaughtering my brethren. I accept that wolves, wolves born of wolves, who suckle at their mother's teat, will hunt. It is the nature of things. But these two. They are abominations."

Loshad pauses for dramatic effect, as NPCS often do in my games. :) "First," he continues, "you must kill Bailakask and Kalkask. Meet me again tomorrow at midnight, here on this spot. Bring me their heads!

"Second," he adds, "these brethren of mine that you ride for your own gain. Within one month, you must set them free. These are my demands."

Actions?
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror