Had a geekgasm at Half-Price Books

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Had a geekgasm at Half-Price Books

Postby Vlark » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:27 pm

So I stopped into my local Half-Price Books last week on my way to campus (I'm an English prof.) I pop in there about once a month to check out what kind of stuff is cycling through the SciFi and Fantasy sections (last month I picked up a nearly mint copy of the paperback Tales of the Dying Earth, and the time before that I picked up a Del Ray first edition paperback of The Lure of the Basilisk). They have a small RPG section which I also usually check, as I've managed to pick up quite few 1e hardbacks fairly cheaply in the past.

This time, though, I nearly had a heart attack. Sitting on the shelf was a single hardback copy each of the Labyrinth Lord rules and the Advanced Companion. Both were in mint condition--their spines hadn't even been cracked.

A little bit higher up the shelves were single hardback copies of Swords & Wizardry Core Rules and the Swords and Wizardry Monster Book--also mint.

There was also a copy of Greyhawk Adventures--not mint, but in pretty decent shape.

Total price for my haul? $52.

[I know Dan didn't get a cut of the sales here, but considering that just earlier that week I stopped at my FLGS (Tabletop Game & Hobby in Overland Park, KS) and bought a copy of LL at full cover price (plus my very first d30!), I don't feel too bad about it. I just couldn't pass up this deal!]
Vlark

Re: Had a geekgasm at Half-Price Books

Postby 3llense'g » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

You should've passed up the deal, so someone else who doesn't know LL could have a go at it. Just my 2 cents. :)
Vornheim & Searchers of the Unknown is all you need! Read my blog, Countersong!
3llense'g

Re: Had a geekgasm at Half-Price Books

Postby Vlark » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 pm

3llense'g wrote:You should've passed up the deal, so someone else who doesn't know LL could have a go at it. Just my 2 cents. :)

Perhaps. But now I have copies to hand to players, no?
Vlark

Return to Open Discussion