Postby kwll » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Calthas does not move one inch.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby greyarea » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:12 am

The boys lower their bows and the talker sheathes his sword.

Sorry. We heard about some bandits in this area and we keep an eye out for 'em so we can warn the town. You're headed to Hommlet right? My mom works at the Inn of the Welcome Wench. You'll see it just north beyond the farms. It's a few hours ride from here...

I can make it in two hours! exclaims the person on the horse.

Yeah, Bert, but you weigh only two stone and that's a fast horse. I think they ..

Four and a half stone, interjects the rider, Bert.

Yeah, but they've got supplies and stuff. You can gallop the whole way. He turns back to you, Anyway, it isn't too far from here.

They step to the side to let you pass.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Cayden 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5

OOC: The Viscount is not at Hommlet -- the villagers sent to him for help, and the word got out that the village needed brace adventurers. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:24 am

Thurwin - WIzard

Thurwin smiles at the boys and says to the one speaking "We'll inquire of your mother at this inn. Other than bandits, what has been going on around here?" Once he's heard what they have to say he says "Be careful, we'll see you in Homlett soon."

OOC: Onward to Hommlett, eh?
badams30

Postby kjc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:15 am

Caydon - Rogue
Caydon relaxes as he regards the boys. "Not all that different from us not so long ago eh Thurwin? Well from me anyway." Caydon smiles. "Ale, a warm bed, and welcoming wenches. A few farmers eager to yield some coin and their daughters...sounds promising!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:45 am

Thurwin - WIzard

Thurwin smiles and gives Caydon a pat on the back, shaking his head in jest. "Yes, just like the old days. But as I keep telling you, it's the uh, wenches and farmers you have to watch out for. But that's why I'm thankful you decided to come with me."

He smiles and waves one last time at the Hommlett boys and continues on.
badams30

Postby Gelatinous Q » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:30 am

"A wench would be most welcome," Grimulf mutters as he slings his bardiche over his shoulder and falls into line, "if I had the coin." Mindful of the rumors about the village's residents, he calls out to their guides: "Hommlet is a nice and peaceful place, yes or no, lads?"

OOC: speaking of coin, how much do I have, DM?
Gelatinous Q

Postby merias » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Effric - Druid

Satisfied the boys are no threat, Effric continues on.

"Come now, enough banter, let's get to Hommlet before nightfall!"
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Tavin - Monk

Adjusts his pack, ready to resume hiking.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Calthas puts back his arrow into his quiver and slowly goes out of the woods. He falls in line silently with his party mates, while casting a mild smile at the young boys.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:24 pm

The boys seem visibly relieved that you're friendly and even start a bit when Calthas emerges from the woods. They get out of your path and you continue on.

The dusty, rutted road is lined with closely-grown hedges of brambles and shrubs. Here and there it cuts through a copse or crosses a rivulet. To either hand, forest and meadow have given way to field and orchard. A small herd of kine graze nearby, and a distant hill is dotted with the wand stone chimneys with thin plumes of blue smoke rising from them. A road angles west into the hill country, and to either side of the road ahead are barns and buildings—Hommlet at last!

You pass a wood and plaster farmhouse. You can see a nicely tended barn beyond. Two dogs bark at you from the yard, attempting to keep you at bay, while chickens, pigs and goats can be seen on the property. A large, rosy-cheeked woman stirring a bowl of something comes out and yells at the dogs to be quiet. She smiles at you as you pass and the dogs quiet and move to the door, watching you guardedly.

The long shadows of evening stripe the street as you get to the more populated center of the village. You find yourself at the door of the Inn of the Welcome Wench.

The smells of dinner waft through the slightly open door and noise of people can be heard from within.

Nearby you can see the leatherworker and blacksmith buildings and there are more to visit beyond.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Cayden 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk