LAST 7 DAYS 1st Ed Character Sheet Pad Kickstarter

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

LAST 7 DAYS 1st Ed Character Sheet Pad Kickstarter

Postby Oublieditor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Last summer, I tried a small crowd-funding project to fund a print run of some B/X Character Sheet Pads. It didn't make its funding goal (I suspect because of the unavoidably high cost of overseas postage and also because it was on Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter).

One of the good things that came out of that campaign was a spin-off DTP reworking of a 1978 1st Edition Character Sheet. Everytime I looked at this sheet, I could not help thinking that it would be a great item to get printed and, if truth be told, it probably should have had star billing last time around. So today I'm launching a new crowd-funding project for pads of my version the 1978 1st Edition Character Sheet (this time on Kickstarter, as they are now allowing UK projects).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1730454032/advanced-rpg-character-sheet-pad

Last edited by Oublieditor on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oublieditor

Re: Retro 1st Edition Character Sheet Pad Kickstarter Now Li

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Why does the PDF option only ship in the UK ? Im in the USA, so shipping is a consideration. Competition is stiff, there are many free character sheets out there to print yourself. Nice work though!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Oublieditor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Oops, thanks for spotting that. The PDF will be sent by email to all backers so no postage is required for it. I've removed the postage option at the £1 pledge level. These sheets print ok but my printer can't print the bottom Alignment section without shrinking the whole thing. They are also pretty heavy on black ink.
Oublieditor

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm

How do you do it in US $$ ? Id support it for the PDF.
Blood axe

Postby Oublieditor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Blood axe wrote:How do you do it in US $$ ? Id support it for the PDF.

Even though I'm in the UK I've only ever back US Kickstarters where all the payment go through Amazon. In the UK Kickstarter have their own checkout and payment system which I would expect to handle any currency exchanges automatically (when I buy from the US with my UK credit card that is what happens).
Oublieditor

Postby shart2069 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm

The overall look of the sheet seems to call out to me:

"Am I a character sheet or a dungeon map?"

I mean this in a GOOD way of course :)

The areas between the rounded data boxes just remind me of branching corridors for some reason.

All you need is to draw some door symbols on the data boxes and they become rooms.
BLOG: https://almostoldschool.wordpress.com/

http://www.meetup.com/Hudson-Valley-Labyrinth-Looters/

"There are three objectives in D&D: collecting treasure, gaining experience points and, most importantly, staying alive." - What is Dungeons & Dragons? p.86
shart2069

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm

The thing that bothers me is all that black will eat all the ink from my printer.
Blood axe

Postby Wulfgar22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:26 am

Blood axe wrote:The thing that bothers me is all that black will eat all the ink from my printer.

Which is why you should go for a printed pad! :) It works out as $11 including shipping for a pad of 50.
Wulfgar22

Postby Blood axe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 am

Wulfgar22 wrote:
Blood axe wrote:The thing that bothers me is all that black will eat all the ink from my printer.

Which is why you should go for a printed pad! :) It works out as $11 including shipping for a pad of 50.

To the USA ?
Blood axe

Postby Wulfgar22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Blood axe wrote:
Wulfgar22 wrote:

To the USA ?

Yep. It's £4 for one pad of 50 and the pdf plus £3 for shipping to the US...so a total of £7 which, I believe, comes to US$11. Or it's £7 plus £5 shipping for 2 pads...so a total of £12 or US$19. Pretty reasonable compared to other printed character sheets and he says these will be of the same quality: "The character sheets will be professionally litho printed, and will come as board-backed pads of 50 sheets glued along the top edge."

Can you tell I'm keen for these to fund? :D
Wulfgar22

Next

Return to Advertisements