Clockwork Gnome Publishing

This forum is for publisher introductions, particularly for publishers who are licensees of Goblinoid Games' titles, but other publishers of relevant products are also welcome. This area will replace the publisher forums below by April 5th 2011.

Postby AllenTaliesin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:27 pm

Greetings! I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the community. My name is Allen Taliesin and I am the owner/publisher of Clockwork Gnome Publishing. We are a fairly new publishing company that first threw our hat into the ring as third party publisher for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. However, we have just made plans to expand our efforts towards Labyrinth Lord. I am personally a huge fan of the Labyrinth Lord game and I am particularly excited to get to work on some books for the system.

Our first release will be The Virtuous and the Vile- Morithal, Lord of Unceasing Hunger. This is a sourcebook with details on a single deity of Chaos and his cult. Our remaining schedule can be found on our website at www.clockworkgnome.com, but the books listed there are definitely not the only ones we plan to offer. So if you have any suggestions, we would love to hear them. And if anyone here is a fan of the genre of fantasy space travel, make sure you check out the Sailing the Starlit Sea page.

In addition, I am contemplating a line of books collectively known as the Ruins of the Whispering City. This sandbox/megadungeon setting takes place in the ruins of Ferron-Shelaz, the first city built by the human race, and the Obsidian Mire, a Chaos-tainted swamp with the power to warp mortal flesh. The series will focus on exploration and discovery, infused with Lovecraftian sensibilities and old school adventuring. Ferron-Shelaz is actually the adventuring site for my own Labyrinth Lord campaign. As we are still discussing exactly how to present the material, Ruins of the Whispering City does not yet appear on our website. But as I get a clearer picture of how this will be released, I will post more details.

All of our products will be offered in .pdf format and print on demand at RPGNow/DrivethruRPG.

So I hope you drop by the website and take a look around. If you have any questions or thoughts, I would love to hear them.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Re: Clockwork Gnome Publishing

Postby redwullf » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi Allen, and welcome. I'll look forward to seeing your LL works, and I'll take a look at your Pathfinder offerings as well, since I DM/play both.
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby AllenTaliesin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 am

Thank you for welcome! I have been reading some threads and this seems like a great community. As a fan, I am really interested in joining the discussions here.

And thank you for taking a look at what we have. I hope you like what you see.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Your LL lines look really promising, and I like what I've seen of Morithal thus far. Can't wait to see the release.

cheers!
Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby austrodavicus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Welcome to the forum both Allen and Colin. :D

Allen, it looks like you have some exciting and highly creative products coming up. Once you've made 5 posts you'll be able to post live links, but in the meantime here they are:

Blog

RPGNow store

Paizo store
austrodavicus

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:51 am

austrodavicus wrote:Welcome to the forum both Allen and Colin. :D

Allen, it looks like you have some exciting and highly creative products coming up. Once you've made 5 posts you'll be able to post live links, but in the meantime here they are:

Excellent! Thank you so much for the assistance. I really appreciate it.

It feels really good to finally provide support for Labyrinth Lord and I can't wait to start adding some other projects to the schedule.
Last edited by AllenTaliesin on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:14 am

RAD Colin wrote:Your LL lines look really promising, and I like what I've seen of Morithal thus far. Can't wait to see the release.

cheers!
Colin

Thank you, Colin. I am pretty proud of Morithal, so I hope you enjoy it as well. Our goal for Morithal's release is the end of this month. I suspect the pdf version will be available first and the print on demand copy will be available shortly thereafter. Ideally, future books will be available in PoD and pdf at the same time.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby RAD Colin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, and you're welcome, Allen. Out of curiosity, what's the (projected) page count for the Morithal supplement?

One thing I'd love to see (as well as decent AEC-based takes on the Barbarian, Bard, and Cavalier classes), and may just work on if I get the time when I finish my two current publications, is a decent LL bestiary; it's the one thing I think the game is lacking, because while there's a good basic selection in the core LL and AEC, nothing beats having even more monsters. ;)

cheers!
Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:42 pm

RAD Colin wrote:Thanks for the welcomes, and you're welcome, Allen. Out of curiosity, what's the (projected) page count for the Morithal supplement?

One thing I'd love to see (as well as decent AEC-based takes on the Barbarian, Bard, and Cavalier classes), and may just work on if I get the time when I finish my two current publications, is a decent LL bestiary; it's the one thing I think the game is lacking, because while there's a good basic selection in the core LL and AEC, nothing beats having even more monsters. ;)

cheers!
Colin

Welcome everyone! As for monsters, almost everything that was in the original MM is present between LL and AEC, but virtually nothing from MM 2 and Fiend Folio. I have no plans to release a monster book anytime soon so that would be a perfect project!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby John Adams » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Clockwork Gnome Publishing!

I can ever be of help to you, do not hesitate to ask. :D
John Adams

Next

Return to Publishers