CRYPTWORLD now in distribution!

This forum is for general discussion about Pacesetter products and the Pacesetter System. This forum is also appropriate for historical Paesetter ltd. products that are no longer part of the product line.

CRYPTWORLD now in distribution!

Postby sniderman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:54 pm

For those who haven't heard, CRYPTWORLD is now available at your FLGS! According to Dan's announcement on the Goblinoid Games blog:

I am proud to announce that CRYPTWORLD is the first Pacesetter title to be in distribution in 30 years! Now Pacesetter horror is available to you at your local game store, so if you have been waiting to support your local retailer pay them a visit and if they aren't stocking it yet place an order. The book is available through the usual channels, such as Alliance or ACD.
Last edited by sniderman on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniderman

Re: CRYPTWORLD now in distribution!

Postby seneschal » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Good news! :)
seneschal

Postby seneschal » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:47 pm

I got both Cryptworld and TimeMaster for Christmas and am ready to dive headfirst into Pacesetter adventure. For starters, I notice that while both CW and Call of Cthulhu hit the same topics (campaign advice, critters, special abilities for player-characters, introductory adventures), Cryptworld is a lean and mean 90 pages while CoC 6th is a (in my opinion) bloated 320. I'm eager to learn the Pacesetter rules so I can begin creating my own things. :D
seneschal

Postby Gynsburghe » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Chill was the first RPG I ever bought, shortly after playing D&D for the first time. It remains one of my favorite systems, if not my absolute favorite. I didn't really enjoy the 'feel' of its 2nd edition from Mayfair, and I was pretty vocal/active when Otherworld Productions(?) was promising a 3rd edition. When that fizzled, I thought Chill - and most certainly the Pacesetter edition I loved - was dead. I'm so glad to be wrong.

Cryptworld is gorgeous - clean, neat and a really beautiful tribute to the original Chill. I was so impressed that I bought Majus the next day...

My hard copy will be in my mailbox tomorrow or Friday, I think.

Yay!

Gynsburghe
Gynsburghe

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks for the support guys! Be sure to post your thoughts/experiences with the game.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby SmokestackJones » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:32 am

That's fantastic! Now I just gotta get my FLGS to carry the rest of the Goblinoid/Pacesetter line.

-SJ
http://saveordie.info - The Save or Die Podcast - A podcast about CLASSIC Dungeons and Dragons
http://thacoshammer.info - THAC0's Hammer - The Best Damn AD&D 2nd Edition Podcast EVER!

http://toomuchjohnson.blogspot.com - My Blog
http://smokestackjones.deviantart.com - My Gallery
SmokestackJones

Postby seneschal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Cryptworld character creation: the characters are pretty straightforward once generated -- 8 random stats, wounds, and 3-5 skills -- but the method of generating those percentile ability scores seemed a little convoluted at first. By the time I'd done a second or third character I'd gotten it down. Good thing, too. You don't want complicated character generation in a game where PCs could easily become monster chow.
seneschal

Postby segeorge » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:06 pm

I've always liked the straightforward nature of Pacesetter's character creation and game mechanics. There's an elegance and intuitiveness to it that I think works well to structure play without becoming intrusive or unwieldy.

Scott
segeorge

Postby seneschal » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:46 pm

It has been several months now. I haven't yet seen Cryptworld or any other Goblinoid products at my local stores. In addition to CW, isn't Labyrinth Lord supposed to be in general distribution? That was announced several years ago but again the title never showed up in my area.
seneschal

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:39 pm

seneschal wrote:It has been several months now. I haven't yet seen Cryptworld or any other Goblinoid products at my local stores. In addition to CW, isn't Labyrinth Lord supposed to be in general distribution? That was announced several years ago but again the title never showed up in my area.

In some cases you will have to ask them to special order it. Many retailers will only stock a few RPGs like D&D 5e and Pathfinder. Most stores make their money from card and board games so RPGs can be hit or miss in these places. Also they want there to be a stream of product so if someone buys the core rules there will be endless supplements to sell. If you don't have that many retailers won't spend any time on your products, many only want things that sell themselves. This is a big topic and I could go on. Anyway, in fact I've been toying with the idea of leaving distribution entirely and just focusing on online sales and direct to retailer sales. Mainly because while my books are selling, by the time I pay two middle men it is basically just good for some advertising and I have to lock money up in print runs.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to General Pacesetter Discussion