Old School Superheroes

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Old School Superheroes

Postby Agrippa » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 am

This is my Mutant Future take on the Authority's Midninghter. As you can tell I used some house rules and my street fighter/ruffian BECMI class with AEC hit dice. He's supposed to be this nasty. I know he's a bit late but better late than never.

Midnighter A.K.A. Lucas Trent
”Each drop is as deadly as every other part of my body, Jack. I beat AIDS in six weeks and a cold never stays in my system for more than a couple of minutes, remember? Un-blocking the opiate receptors in The Doctor's brain should be like Bruce Lee fighting an octogenarian. My anti-bodies can kick the crap out of anything.”

“Cyborgs. Well, that explains a lot. Like the unusually strong scent of fuel and oil. What it doesn’t explain… is why the hell are cyborgs stealing cats in Suburbia?”

"Let me make this situation clear for you. I know what special abilities you have. I can see the enhancements. I can detect the increased electrical activity in your brain. I know what moves you're preparing to make. I've fought our fight already, in my head, in a million different ways. I can hit you without you even seeing me. I'm what soldiers dream of growing into. I'm what children see when they first imagine what death is like. I'm the Midnighter. Your Move.”

Race: Paragon human (augmented Pure Strain Human)
Class Level: Street fighter (Ruthless Batman-like vigilante with the willingness to kill and cybernetic implants in his brain. Also made by Warren Ellis.) 24 (3,360,000)
Character Level: 13 (3,360,000)
Hit Points: 229 (8+6+4+7+4+5+7+8+7+5+8+4+5+7+4+6+5+8+8+4+8+5+6+5+6+6+6+4+64)
Armor Class: -1, -3 when dual wielding tonfa and fighting defensively
THAC0: 3
Alignment: Lawful (I’m not touching whether he’s good or evil)

Attacks: 6/round*
Melee +10 to attack
Missile +9 to attack
Damage:
Melee** 2d8+3d6+10 (unarmed), 6d6+10 (staff, both ends), (1d4+5d6+10) two tonfa,
Missile What ever he has to throw.
Street Fighter Features: Hide in the shadow 76%, moves silently 88%, climb sheer surfaces 110%, 5/6 chance to hear minute noise, backstab (damagex7, +4 to-hit), master’s degree in dirty fighting, fighter combat options, three extra attacks and fighter weapon mastery (which I'll handle later).

Strength: 16 (16 for levels, 22 for being over eighth level) (+4 to attack and 2d8 to unarmed damage)
Dexterity: 18 (23 for levels, 25 for being over eighth level) (+5 to missile attacks and initiative and -5 to armor class)
Constitution: 16 (19 racial, 21 for levels) (+3 on poison saving throws, +2 on radiation saving throws and 6d8 hit points per every five levels)
Intelligence: 18 (21 racial) (+20% to technology and up to 5 languages)
Wisdom: 16 (19 for levels, 20 for being over eighth level) Acts as a perecption like ability score. Intution basically
Willpower: 18 (20 racial)
Charisma: 18 (21 racial) (+2 to reaction rolls, 7 retainers at morale 10 each, if he had any)
Level: 0/8
8th level: 0/9

Physical Mutations
Ambidexterity Midnighter suffers no off-hand penalties to attack and can free wield two weapons at once.
Increased Constitution (18) +36 hit points
Increased Strength (11/2) +2d6 melee damage
Increased Dexterity (14/3) -3 to armor class
Nightvision (17) 85 feet of vision in darkness.
Regenerative Capability (16/4) recovers an extra 4 hit points per day with rest. Can re-attach limbs.
Quickness (13/3) movement speed doubled +1 extra attack per round
Unique Sense (14) Hostile intent in a 70 foot radius

Mental Mutations
Combat Empathy (16/4) +2 to hit and +4 to damage in melee.
Increased Willpower (12/2) +2 to Willpower and +12% to tech rolls
Martial Affinity (16/4) +4 to hit and +1d6 damage

Kit Two tonfa, retractable steel staff, leather jacket and body suit (treat as leather armor), boots, throwing stars and stainless steel calling cards.

Background and personality: I'll get to work on this.

*This include extra attacks as found on the Mutant Future advancement tables.
**This includes level based bonuses to melee damage.
Agrippa

Postby Eldrad » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 am

In my game Superions All Players start out with 10D6 HD AC 10 (14), MAC 10, +1 to hit, 1d4 punch, 10 MPH and 4 + 1d6 Power Points.

I roll a 1 on a d6 plus four for powers.

Five D200 rolls

28. Blast +2: Light Blast 1-10
103. Immortal: You cannot die and will come back to life in 20 years minus rank if possible unless given medical treatment to recover faster.
153. Slow: You get a minus 2 to initiative.
179. Unlucky: You have unlucky points equal to your Hit points that the Editor can give to you or anyone around you per day at 1-10 points.
183. Vibration Powers: Can move at 50 MPH and drill through things at 1-12 damage as well as +4 added to AC.

Roll for hit points DONE.

Now this could be done for a LL/MF/SS type game.
Roll for the six attributes.
Roll for how many powers/skills/devices you have like 1d6+4
Have 100 to 200 random powers, OR have random powers per type of character like blasters, tanks, gadget guys, skill users OR have a list of powers to buy with your power points.
Roll CON x D8 for hit points and start playing in minutes.
Eldrad

Postby Agrippa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:10 am

Eldrad wrote:In my game Superions All Players start out with 10D6 HD AC 10 (14), MAC 10, +1 to hit, 1d4 punch, 10 MPH and 4 + 1d6 Power Points.

I roll a 1 on a d6 plus four for powers.

Five D200 rolls

28. Blast +2: Light Blast 1-10
103. Immortal: You cannot die and will come back to life in 20 years minus rank if possible unless given medical treatment to recover faster.
153. Slow: You get a minus 2 to initiative.
179. Unlucky: You have unlucky points equal to your Hit points that the Editor can give to you or anyone around you per day at 1-10 points.
183. Vibration Powers: Can move at 50 MPH and drill through things at 1-12 damage as well as +4 added to AC.

Roll for hit points DONE.

Now this could be done for a LL/MF/SS type game.
Roll for the six attributes.
Roll for how many powers/skills/devices you have like 1d6+4
Have 100 to 200 random powers, OR have random powers per type of character like blasters, tanks, gadget guys, skill users OR have a list of powers to buy with your power points.
Roll CON x D8 for hit points and start playing in minutes.

I'm not quite sure I'd let PCs have regeneration/immortality right off the bat along with a lot of other superpowers. I'd either have it cost the same number of points as three other powers, or start as a weaker longevity or healing factor like power and slowly grow into immortality. But that's just me.
Agrippa

Previous

Return to Mutant Future