LL/AEC Demo Kit

For discussion of the Labyrinth Lord Society, Society events, or anything else Society related.

Re: LL/AEC Demo Kit

Postby connivingsumo » Sat May 19, 2012 6:00 am

Revisiting this topic... in short... if there were a 'demo' kit, I would be more than happy to DEMO this at - AT LEAST - one local gaming store, possibly TWO gaming stores. Regardless of the 'fireball' issue - I think I could make a demo kit pretty damn fun for 'newbs'! Especially in a 'gaming store' environment. AND I would absolutely provide (and encourage) the goblinoidgames.com website!!

If you're curious which stores I would demo this at... (both in Fort Collins, Colorado)
~ The Haunted Cafe. (for sure)
~ Gryphon Games & Comics. (very, very likely)

And possibly at Stonebridge in Longmont Colorado (a bit of travel on my part, ~ 40 miles South)
~ Stonebridge games. (very likely)

And possibly at a Greeley gaming store, in Greeley Colorado! (a bit of travel on my part, ~ 40 miles East)
~ Greeley game store (I can't recall the name). (very likely)

I believe many of these stores, or all of them, would be willing to accept (with open arms?) a DEMO game of LL/AEC!

The "further" (about 40 miles East and/or South) stores, would likely be open to the DEMO game(s) as well.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby austrodavicus » Sat May 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Dan might chime in himself but I know from recent contact that time-wise he is not in a position to put such a kit together, although if someone took the initiative perhaps he could review it for suitability.
austrodavicus

Postby connivingsumo » Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 am

austrodavicus wrote:Dan might chime in himself but I know from recent contact that time-wise he is not in a position to put such a kit together, although if someone took the initiative perhaps he could review it for suitability.

Well I would be willing to take on this endeavor, with the input/advice from the community and my "peers." This may also include pre-gen characters, a one-time play module, etc. If it was well received at my local stores (Haunted Cafe & Gryphon Game's & Comics), then I might be inclined to "take it on the road" to Longmont & Greeley?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed May 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Honestly I think the best strategy for a demo kit would be just to have demo modules with pregens for quick play. That way you could just bring the actual book into a store with your demo modules and demo with the book that the store can order. In my opinion, having something like an intro set that goes to 3rd level is totally unnecessary for a game like Labyrinth Lord. I think it is better to demo the actual books that are available, rather than something we might have people print out, if you see what I mean. I think an small set like that is most appropriate for entirely new rules or highly complex games, but even then the goal is to get people interested in the full game. In the case of LL, IMHO, a cut down version of the rule book isn't a desirable demo book.

Anyone who wants to donate demo modules can send them my way and we can get that sent out to all demo teams.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord Society