Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am

Braun smiles and nods in understanding at Marcus' elaboration on Grinkle and Dak and their situations. He says softly "I understand. As I said, all are welcome here, and if they are colleagues of yours, they are friends of mine."

When Nahin mentions Rassalar's name Braun says "Oh, I had forgotten about ol' Rassalar. Haven't seen or heard from him in a couple of years. How's he doing? Last I heard his wife was due to give birth any day, he was very proud of that new baby coming, was all he'd talk about in town. A good man, he is. Give him our regards next time you see him. I was the one who brought all those heavy books from the coast to his place. Made some good coin on that haul."

Braun says that his men would be happy to split watch with you tonight. "It's been really quiet lately. We had a brown bear come by last night, I think perhaps attracted to Melvin's damn goats. I keep hoping he'll tire of them and sell them, or perhaps let us eat them, but I presume they will exist to be a beacon for predators..." He sighs and shakes his head.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Marcus, paladin

Well, since we're all on the way to Red Larch, does it make sense to travel together? We can help with any bears that might appear.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Nahin - Elf

To Braun: I afraid he's past away. This son you speak of... do you know where he might be?

Indeed, there is safety in numbers. I think traveling in together tomorrow would be a bully idea. Looking at the halflings: How does that sound?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Braun cheerfully agrees to you accompanying them "It's only a day, but there's always safety in numbers."

When Nahin mentions Rassalar's passing, Braun's face visibly saddens, "Surely not? That's terrible. He was a nice fella. I didn't know him well, but he was a kind, honest man to deal with." When you mention his son he says "I would have assumed he was with Rassalar and his wife." Last I saw of him was a couple of years ago and his wife was due any day." To be honest, I don't know for certain that it was a son, but he was adamant that it was going to be a boy, so I just assumed. Very sad. Can't believe Rassalar is gone."

Braun regains his composure and says, well, I suppose I'll be turning in soon. We've got a good day of travel left, and then we have to unload and head right back out to the Goldenfields for some veggies. Not much rest for us."

If you don't have anything else, the Halflings will either share watch with you all, or partner with you for the watch.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Marcus, paladin

Aside, to Nahin, If you wish to search for this offspring, your cousin, after we've secured your ownership, it is a task that I would support.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 am

Nahin - Elf

Aside to Marcus: Yes, I'd like to check around in town and see if anyone knows more. Thank you for understanding.

Nahin will eat and drink a bit, clean/sharpen his sword, make small talk with the halflings and finally turn in. He'll take any watch.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 am

Rory follows the conversation, nodding and smiling as necessary. Once the travel arrangements are made, he'll settle in for a nice cup of brandy with his new companions.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 am

Jayce - Fighter

Jayce swallowed the contents of his mug and pulled his cloak tighter around himself. Leaning in closer to the fire he said quietly, "Nahin...much has transpired...sometimes details are forgotten...your Aunt and cousin...we saw their graves...I'm sorry brother."

badams30 wrote: As you slowly approach the mausoleum, you can read the stones on the graves. One stone says "Darla, my Beloved" and has vines and roses engraved about the name, and the other says "Kendall" and it has an engraving of a tiny set of shoes, and a small bird upon it. You note that Darla's date of death is the same as Kendall's, and Kendall's date of birth and death are the same day. Two large bunches of wilted and dried up flowers are at the foot of each grave, and both graves appear to be well-cared for, at least until recently.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 am

Nahin - Elf

Ai Jayce, I recall now... I was so caught up in our raid that I did not put it all together. Nahin will take a moment.

OCC: Thanks for the time machine kjc!
Spanningtree

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:17 am

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

(Han is quietly sitting, munching on a bit of this and that, busily carving)

(Han takes the item and rolls it in oil and ash...wipes it clean)

"Melvin...here I found something I think belongs to you"

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure