Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby badams30 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:17 pm

You see the caravan starting to slowly approach, the remaining guards vigilant.

The guards on the ambush site begin to carefully and respectfully gather the dead in one place. Nahin examines the tracks and because of his heritage (and a successful INT check) he recognizes the tracks as coming from Orcs or something similar. He can't tell how many there were, but it's clear that there were a fairly large number. The tracks and drag marks head toward the copse of trees and the edge of the trees. You can't be sure, but it appears that the attackers left quickly, and not too long ago.

Those of you on guard see nothing other than whats in the area, and the only noise other than the guards attending to the victims is the cracking of the burning wagons.

Rory carefully approaches (Move silently) the shaking figure, and as he gets within about 5-6 feet, it starts to rise to it's feet, and turns directly facing Rory. It lets out a shocked sound, and promptly falls over backward as it tries to turn and run. When it falls, Rory gets a glimpse of its face - it looks like human boy of perhaps 5 or 6 years of age. He has a look of sheer terror on his face, and resumes his shaking, and wide-eyed stare at Rory. "Ddddddddd don't kill me too..... don't kill me...." He starts to cry and covers his face.

Those of you outside the copse hear the muffled crying coming from within, although you can't see the source, it sounds like a child whimpering and crying.

Actions?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat May 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Marcus, paladin

What's that? Marcus yells, and enters the copse, weapon drawn.

When he sees the child he will lower his weapon and attempt to soothe the boy.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 pm

"It's a boy, [Mrs. Walker]" Rory shouts. He's relieved when Marcus steps forward to comfort the child, because he's not one for soothing little whelps, or saying the right thing. ;)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun May 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Nahin - Elf

Hmmm, there were a lot of them.... orcs or similar. Maybe we return to Daggerford and get a few more men from our old unit and return?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:55 am

The little boy looks like he's ready to faint until Marcus steps up, and his shaking diminishes greatly. He says in a weak voice, "monsters. A bunch of em'. they did something to make the wagons stop, and then they shot a bunch of arrows and started hollering, and they was all over the guys out there. I was hiding under a tarp, they were takin' all the stuff and when they turned their backs I ran over here to hide, and after a few minutes, one of em' blew a whistle and they took off real quick, and then about 10-15 minutes later you are here. I thought you was them comin' back."

He looks sheepishly at Marcus and says "Am I in trouble, Sir? I didn't mean to sneak a ride. I was just tryin' to go north. Honest." He gets wide eyed and lets an audible gasp as he sees Grinkle materialize behind Marcus.

As you all approach the general area of the little boy, you scan the area, and see nothing out of the ordinary, except the obvious signs of a hasty retreat - broken branches, drag marks, and the like. Behind you in the clearing, the caravan arrives, and the guards call out for help in loading the bodies onto the feed wagon at the back of the column, which is now mostly empty.

What next?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon May 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus smiles at the boy, trying to be comforting. No, you aren't in trouble. Did you have any family in the caravan? Did you know any of the people or what they were carrying? What are you running away from?

He will also see if Grossbart can take the child in with one of the merchant families in the caravan. He is willing to pay a platinum piece to ensure the child is well kept and fed on the journey.

He will also direct the group. If they are only fifteen minutes away, we should be able to track and avenge this travesty!
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon May 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Nahin - Elf

I'm game, on foot or should we ride?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:19 am

The boy smiles weakly and says "No, I didn't know them. I'm an orphan. I was trying to go to Waterdeep, I saw these wagons and hid under a tarp. I didn't know them." He says "I was just trying to go someplace bigger. Exciting."

Grossbart motions for the boy to come over, and the portly man gives him a bear hug. "Boy, don't you worry. We'll take care of you and make sure you are okay. You will ride with me." He turns down the offer of coin to care for the boy and says "No worries, friend. We'll see to it that he's tended to." When you speak of heading out to chase the presumed orcs, Grossbart says "Please, don't go after them. I'll pay you to accompany us to Daggerford. Just don't go after em. I'll send a couple of the men ahead to warn the city and send help, but I'd ask ya all to stay with us." I'd pay you each 25 gold to accompany us."

He raises an eyebrow and says "Think about it... you don't know what's out there. At least wait for reinforcements."

Actions? You can elect to give chase, you have mounts. Grossbart begs you to reconsider.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue May 27, 2014 11:15 am

"Pfff!" Rory waves his hand dismissively. "Whatever's out there should be afraid of us," he says. "Well, at least Marcus. This guy's no damn fun at all."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue May 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus sternly looks at Rory with that comment. Regardless of your opinion of me, I agree that we could easily handle these raiders. That said, if Grossbart requires our presence, perhaps to help defend this caravan in case more marauders await, we can certainly stay with. Especially if the DM is just trying to set the stage here and not have us galavanting off on a side adventure. ;)
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure