Wasteland 2 (upcoming old-school computer RPG)

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Wasteland 2 (upcoming old-school computer RPG)

Postby kipper » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:09 pm

((Well, this is pretty off-topic so I'm posting it in "Open Discussion" as I guess it qualifies as a general announcement, I hope it's OK to post it here. Or maybe it should be moved to Advertisements? I'm not really sure, If it's posted inappropriately, please let me know or any mod may feel free to move it :D ))

For any fans of old-school computer RPGs, you may be interested to know that there is currently a kickstarter being run by Brian Fargo to make the "Wasteland 2" computer game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

The kickstarter has been a big success, already meeting its goal in under 2 days and is still going strong.

I am a big fan of the original Wasteland game (which is, IMHO, the best computer RPG ever made) and I'm very excited about this new upcoming game, which is going to be made old-school (not a first-person shooter)! Wasteland also spawned the "Fallout" series of games, of which Fallout 1 and 2 were made by the same company (Interplay) which made Wasteland, and also the "Bard's Tale" series.

Anyway, I'm not at all associated with this kickstarter, except being very excited about it :D!
Last edited by kipper on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kipper

Re: Wasteland 2 (upcoming post-apoc computer RPG)

Postby greyarea » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:37 pm

As a supporter of this, I'm very excited about it.
greyarea

Re: Wasteland 2 (upcoming post-apoc computer RPG)

Postby grimshwiz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm

That is a fast amount of time to raise that much money, and quite impressive.
"We used to joke about an infinitely tall Homer Simpson coming along and eating the donut-shaped city of Sigil." -- Cadriel
grimshwiz

Return to Open Discussion