Cryptworld PbP now looking for players!

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Cryptworld PbP now looking for players!

Postby sniderman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey gang,

Two years ago I ran a pretty successful Timemaster game here on the forums. Well, I'm looking to run a Cryptworld game and I'm looking for four players. Turns will be processed every other day. Familiarity with the Pacesetter system is not necessary as I'll teach the rules as we go. (Or you can review the Timemaster game I linked to and get a feel for how the system works and how the game will be run.)

And here's the game we'll be playing:

Cryptworld: Forget-Me-Not
Horrific axe murders recently committed in Oregon's Tillamook State Forest are identical to those committed by the legendary "Paul Bunyon Butcher" 40 years ago. However, the original killer – now elderly and feeble – remains behind bars. Has a copycat killer surfaced, or is this the work of something even more sinister?

Characters will be generated rather than provided. Drop me a private message here if you'd like to play!
sniderman

Re: Cryptworld PbP now looking for players!

Postby segeorge » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Tim,

I’ve been really hoping to find a Cryptworld PbP, and have been considering running one myself. From the description, it looks like law enforcement and reporter characters are the most obvious choice for PCs. But how about a sociologist researching the cultural influences that determine the methods chosen by serial killers? He’d see this scenario as an obvious copy cat (although it probably is “something more sinister” :D ), and would be interested in finding any similarities between the social context in which the original “Paul Bunyon Butcher” chose his modus operandi and that of this new killer’s.

Scott
segeorge

Postby greyarea » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:29 am

I'm in. I'm sure that's not a surprise. :)
greyarea

Postby merias » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I think I can be convinced to join another game...I'm in!
merias

Postby funfungiguy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I've been wanting to play this game for a really long time. McGill was my favorite RPG as a kid and I was really excited to buy CRYPTWORLD and ROTWORLD and see the mechanics are what I remember playing every week. I've been hoping for the change to give it a try with someone.

If you got room for one more, I really want to play!
funfungiguy

Postby sniderman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:00 am

OK, I'm going to cut off the player list now. Thanks everyone for your interest!
sniderman

Return to CRYPTWORLD