Zombie Apocalypse Campaign Setting for Rotworld

For discussion of the zombie survival horror game.

Zombie Apocalypse Campaign Setting for Rotworld

Postby mcookman65 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Welcome to Mortiston, USA is a zombie apocalypse campaign setting book licensed for use with Rotworld, Outbreak: Undead, Savage Worlds, ModernPath for Pathfinder and OGL Modern. The book details the events of a mysterious apocalypse that suddenly arises in a medium-sized American town. Cut off from the outside world in a mountain valley town 50 miles in any direction from other civilization, the surviving citizens of Mortiston barricade themselves into their homes. Some of them even make it through the night. Factions form as survivors come together, escape from the valley becomes impossible and survival becomes critical as resources begin to dwindle in the world after Z-Day.

Welcome to Mortiston, USA is an 76 page campaign setting and resource guidebook for use with nearly any modern apocalypse role-playing game. The guidebook contains 20 detailed npc survivors with their motivations, desires, equipment and stats in numerous systems. It also contains 30 detailed locations with backgrounds, descriptions and equipment. Additionally it contains a timeline and other materials covering the events of Z-Day and roughly the first 200 days after Z-Day. The book takes into account dwindling resources and dying survivors over the time period so that the GM could, for example, know how much gasoline is likely to remain in a given gas station on Z-Day+75.

Please check it out at www.mortiston.com
mcookman65

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Campaign Setting for Rotworld

Postby GreyKatana » Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 am

Cool beans, I'll check it out.
Since you support so much systems I suppose that this book is fairly stat-less?
GreyKatana

Postby mcookman65 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Not at all. It is full of stats for every character in every system supported. Even though you may not play some of the systems, you will value having the characters in multiple systems just because each system helps to define the character a little more. Taken as a whole, the Attributes, Skills and Perks / Special Abilities from each system allow the GM to get a better idea of what the character is capable of and/or maybe how he or she thinks.

Thanks to everyone for the fantastic support! 10 days left. We would love to make the push goal of $2000, it would let us put books into distribution and thus get them on game store shelves. Yet, I am happy to go one step at a time. :D

Mark
mcookman65

Postby DavetheLost » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:28 pm

I signed up as a Kickstarter supporter and am glad I did. I have my PDF. Wow! I'm not going to say much because I haven't given it a thorough read yet, but it is packed full of adventure seeds and bad stuff happening to town even without the zombies! It really makes me want to run he setting. Good job guys.
DavetheLost

Postby Blood axe » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Wish you would gave a link for Kickstarter. I missed it. I would have supported it.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Return to ROTWORLD