The Village of Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby greyarea » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Ostler smiles at Thurwin's ovation, Yes, Oglaf is a well-intended boy, but he doesn't obey his mother and if he doesn't watch out, she'll flay his rear so that he cannot sit for months. I think he gets his taste for adventure from her side of the family, as it certainly doesn't come from mine.

So, you are all here to "rid this town of evil," eh? I've met more than a few who have come to meet that call. I've heard that some sort of call was put out, which is certainly good for business, but I'm unsure exactly why. I mean, you'd think they'd tell old Ostler more but no. By Cuthbert's Cudgel, I head up the militia here, so you'd think...

Well, Hommlet is a nice place, growing actually, and the troubles with the Temple were quite a bit back some time. I know that there is a meeting at the new Village Hall tomorrow night, so perhaps you could go there and ask. I have heard that there's been trouble at the old boathouse between here and Nulb. Speaking of which, you don't want to go to Nulb. Lots of unsavory types there. Hommlet is much nicer.

Anyway, I'd say continue your inquiries at the Village Hall or perhaps the Church. Calmert there is likely to be helpful. The new Canon, Terjon, isn't such a friendly fellow but maybe that's because he is still new 'round here. If I could get him to dine here instead of in the rectory, I swear his demeanor would change for the better.

So a round for the lot of you, on the house. We have some private rooms for a pair of gold dragons per night, and a dormer for a mere silver. We keep the beds clean and you won't find a louse or flea in the Welcome Wench, let me tell you. You're welcome to stay so long as you don't cause trouble and have the gold to spend
, he concludes with a smile.

As he leaves, he hears Thurwin's question about his brother. He stops, looks up and taps his bearded chin as he thinks. Yes, yes, I think I saw the lad you mention. A righteous fellow if I ever met one. I'm not sure what happened with him. He chatted with a number of folk around here but not much with me. I know Calmert over at the church loved him: spent a sermon telling us how we should all emulate him. Like the whole town should drop their work and follow that call, ain't gonna happen. Good luck finding him.

He leaves and soon a serving wench comes by with a second round of ale loaves of hot rye bread and tubs of salted butter and honey, and is followed closely by a second bearing the requested meals. They are smily and friendly and flirt with their eyes at all of you, although it's pretty obvious that they do so with every customer. Their cleavage is deep and their hair silken, and they are the prettiest girls you've seen since you left on this crazy adventure by far. Even prettier than that pig-farmer's daughter, and she was a looker despite her missing teeth.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Cayden 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will dig into his meal with gusto, he'll take a crack at flirting with the bar maids using his inexperience to full effect as an endearing trait.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Caydon - Rogue
"Tavin, you dog! Working an angle with the ladies!" Caydon whispers when the servers are out of earshot. "Thurwin, you just may have some competition. Oh well, you boys break their hearts and ole Caydon will be there to pick up the pieces!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby merias » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Effirc - Druid

greyarea wrote:Well, Hommlet is a nice place, growing actually, and the troubles with the Temple were quite a bit back some time. I know that there is a meeting at the new Village Hall tomorrow night, so perhaps you could go there and ask. I have heard that there's been trouble at the old boathouse between here and Nulb. Speaking of which, you don't want to go to Nulb. Lots of unsavory types there. Hommlet is much nicer.

Anyway, I'd say continue your inquiries at the Village Hall or perhaps the Church. Calmert there is likely to be helpful. The new Canon, Terjon, isn't such a friendly fellow but maybe that's because he is still new 'round here. If I could get him to dine here instead of in the rectory, I swear his demeanor would change for the better.

OOC: Nulb sounds like just the place we should go! :)

Effric eats his meal and enjoys the scenery, feeling quite at-ease in this place.

"Perhaps tonight we can visit the church, and see what brother Calmert has to say."
merias

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin blushes at Caydon's comments, and smiles, then says "I think I'll leave the ladies to you gentlemen. I'm thinking perhaps Effric is right, maybe Calmert can give us some idea of what's been going on around here, and perhaps he knows where my brother was off to."

Thurwin will sit quietly and sip his ale, munching on his meal. He'll lay low this evening, just people watching, and keeping an eye on Caydon, making sure he stays out of trouble.

(Thurwin will drop 2 gold for a private room, and offers to share it with Caydon and any others, if it's big enough.)
badams30

Postby Gelatinous Q » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:08 am

Grimulf, fighter

"Sounds like all the action's in Nulb, boys."

Grimulf tucks into his meal. He'll take Thurwin up on the offer of shared lodgings.
Gelatinous Q

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm

You eat your fill. The place seems to be getting louder as you dine, and a look about shows that there are a few more people and a lot more activity by the serving wenches. One table has a raucous game of cards going, another has a group who are all talking amongst themselves, and the third looks like a family has overtaken it. There are also other diners of various sorts enjoying the evening.

At one point, one of the potboys, taking plates form your table, pulls on Effirc's sleeve. Excuse me sir, but I thought I should tell you, since you look like a druid n all, that the Church to St. Cuthbert ain't the only holy place around these parts. Lots of new folk go there but there are still a lot of devotees to the old ways. Seein' as you're like a keeper of the old ways yourself, I thought you should know. if you go to the Grove, then you can talk to Jaroo. He's the druid 'round here. Not everyone is affiliated with the Lawful types.

A man at the card table gets upset at losing again and his foe suggests a game of dice then. Another flagon of ale seems to settle down the loser a bit, and the game continues.
greyarea

Postby merias » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 am

greyarea wrote:At one point, one of the potboys, taking plates form your table, pulls on Effirc's sleeve. Excuse me sir, but I thought I should tell you, since you look like a druid n all, that the Church to St. Cuthbert ain't the only holy place around these parts. Lots of new folk go there but there are still a lot of devotees to the old ways. Seein' as you're like a keeper of the old ways yourself, I thought you should know. if you go to the Grove, then you can talk to Jaroo. He's the druid 'round here. Not everyone is affiliated with the Lawful types.

"Thank you, boy," Effric says. "How far is the grove?"

"Calthas and Rilo, let us go and see this Jaroo. Perhaps the rest of you can visit the church?"
merias

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 am

The pot boy replies, Right behind the tanner. Go straight out the door here and behind the building across the street. I doubt he'll see you this late: he's an early riser so he's usually not around this time of evening. Make sure you bring some money, as he's always looking for donations.
greyarea

Postby fumanstu » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:26 am

Rilo pauses briefly from wolfing down his food, "That sounds like a fine plan, I would like to meet this Jaroo."
fumanstu

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk