Dyson Logos

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Dyson Logos

Postby sonofotho » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 am

Does anyone know the status of Dyson Logos? He was one of the more prolific OSR posters/writers and then suddenly he totally stopped posting about two months ago. And he hasn't been on the LL forums for about three months now. I hope he is OK and just taking a hiatus, but was curious if anyone knew his status.
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Re: Dyson Logos

Postby Thakazum » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 am

Have you tried his contact page?
Thakazum

Postby sonofotho » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:20 am

No, haven't done that. I was just curious if anyone on the LL forums actually knew what was up.
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Postby elf23 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:07 am

Yeah I'd wondered as well...
elf23

Postby Wizardawn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 am

This type of stuff is quite freaky indeed. I don't use my real name on the Internet for anything I do. If I was hit by a bus one day people would just see that my site hasn't been updated for a year and my forum presence had also stopped. My wife has no way to get into my website or email. She doesn't know the forums I visit. All that aside, it would probably be the last thing she would be thinking about if I were hit by a bus...I think. So unless anyone knows Dyson personally, or his real name if that is not it his actual name, they will be the only ones able to find out.
Wizardawn

Postby Thakazum » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:25 am

Well, I do suggest using the contact form before considering him dead....
Thakazum

Postby Wizardawn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Thakazum wrote:Well, I do suggest using the contact form before considering him dead....

Right...you wrote that up above. People have posted at his site asking where he is and he does not answer. People have tried the contact section but got no response so there is no point in many others trying the same thing. Since no one is raising their hand that they know him, then it will remain a mystery.
Wizardawn

Postby Thakazum » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Sorry, just didn't want to see people rushing to conclusions. It does sound like no one will know until he makes it back to post again.
Thakazum

Postby Wizardawn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, I wasn't suggesting he was hit by a bus...it was just an example I was giving about my potential fate. Whatever happened it was sudden. Sudden enough to not post a "good bye" or "be back soon" type message. With library computers, internet enabled phones, and free wi-fi everywhere...you can't help but think of the bad possibilities that would cause one to "not" be able to respond.
Wizardawn

Postby Thakazum » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Understandable. This actually led to me spending some time trying to track him down via Google and forums today.

Of course, my first thought is "got busy with life" because I've done this before and dropped out of communities without any word to come back later.
Thakazum

Next

Return to Open Discussion