Did you ever convert D&D into your PA gaming?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Did you ever convert D&D into your PA gaming?

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 am

Combine Gamma World and D&D for example?

I was talking about the old school games with a couple non-gaming friends and I showed them the cover of Mutant Future and they were intrigued.

Subjects swung around the terms they knew like D&D.

Reminded me of a game I ran in the early 1980's...The spaceship Warden crashes down in Middle Earth...Metamorphosis Alpha and D&D.

We basically used the D&D books with conversions to include the creatures and technology of the spaceship. The setting was 100ys later...a toxic jungle has grown over the spaceship...vast layers of dark jungle.

Characters were from the local villages around the toxic jungle...minor mutations were common (1 or 2 mutations and no defects for player characters)...elves shunned the toxic jungle, so no elves or half elves...dwarves have dug tunnels through the mountain on the other side of the spaceship where it came to a final stop, but have blocked them off due to the toxic jungle roots and more breaking through...halflings, humans, dwarves, half orcs were the player character types...wildly mutated orcs were quite common, raiding the villages and retreating back to the jungles...

Easy enough to create a game scenario along these lines for Mutant Future...change the names...

It was fun then...surely has potential today :D

Atomic Ray
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Re: Did you ever convert D&D into your PA gaming?

Postby JDJarvis » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Payed a couple sessions many year ago using nothing but the D&D rules and an old dragon magazine article that had stats for some WW2 weapons. Ghouls, carrion crawlers and trolls are pretty tough opponents even to folks armed with firearms.
JDJarvis

Postby sniderman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Atomic Ray wrote:Reminded me of a game I ran in the early 1980's...The spaceship Warden crashes down in Middle Earth...Metamorphosis Alpha and D&D.

;)
sniderman

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Lol

That was and is one of the best D&D supplements ever.

We were of course inspired by that one. But the game we played was the Warden setting down in the D&D world.

Good call though...great stuff.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:23 am

The longest running AD&D campaign I played in was run by a DM who looked down his nose at Basic D&D. He had tons of house rules and was a die-hard pure fantasy gamer.

Now that I think of it, he was a bit of a jerk.
Gavin

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:24 am

I do like the idea of Dark Sun and what that setting provides...gotta love cannibal hobbits.

:D
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby bighara » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 am

I'm currently trying to work up a homebrew setting a la Mutants & Mazes. Basically, it's a fantasy world that had a version of high tech/PA appear in the relatively recent past and it is still adjusting to the changes.

Rules-wise, I'm still debating how to handle it.
bighara

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:28 pm

bighara wrote:I'm currently trying to work up a homebrew setting a la Mutants & Mazes. Basically, it's a fantasy world that had a version of high tech/PA appear in the relatively recent past and it is still adjusting to the changes.

Interesting...I await further details :)
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby bighara » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:39 am

Atomic Ray wrote:
bighara wrote:I'm currently trying to work up a homebrew setting a la Mutants & Mazes. Basically, it's a fantasy world that had a version of high tech/PA appear in the relatively recent past and it is still adjusting to the changes.

Interesting...I await further details :)

You can see some of my ramblings about it in the "Kelvernia" posts on my "Geekcave blog" in my sig.
bighara

Postby bighara » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 am

In fact, and comments & critcism about my latest post wd be appreciated: http://geekechoes.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... tants.html
bighara

Next

Return to Mutant Future