Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG

For discussion of other games.

Re: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG

Postby greyarea » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:08 pm

At least these days you could--the internet is great that way. Back in the day, if you didn't have a game shop in town you would have to special order things (if you knew about them at all) with a 6-8 week turnaround time, more often than not.

The worst was discovering a game from a company that existed only a few months ago but who had closed its doors. Your hard-earned money would be in postal service limbo while they discovered that the game company was no longer and you couldn't special order it any more. You would have to resign yourself to waiting fifteen years for Ebay to be invented. :)
greyarea

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Shouldnt be that hard if Goodman is gonna offer the dice when the bok is released. I wonder how many pre-orders they have. I hope it doesnt take as long as the CKG...
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Blood axe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm

HOLD ON A MINUTE!!

d7 die= $6
d14 die = $7

IMHO thats alot of cash for one stinking dice. A set of dice needs to be more reasonably priced. Im not paying more than $15 for a few dice.
Blood axe

Postby monk » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:15 pm

This is off topic, but I just want to say that this thread is such a great example of the GG forum's peaceful, easy-going nature. You guys just had a legitimate discussion without anyone taking things the wrong way or trying to be Mr. "I'm super blunt cuz that's just how I am". I don't post that often, but I really appreciate this forum, and, obviously, the people who frequent it. Rock on.
Thurwin the Bibliophile, 1st level Fighter (Stonehell)

http://wizardsmutantslaserpistols.blogspot.com/
monk

Postby Blood axe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Everybody is pretty friendly here. Ive seen some nasty exchanges at some forums. I havent seen that here. :D Hope I never do. Ive seen one or two debates get a little hot- but never bad enough for the Mods to really come & crack some skulls.
Blood axe

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 am

Oh yeah? Don't make me come over there!

I mean.... :)

There's a dice convertor you can find here http://greywulf.net/2011/06/dungeon-crawl-classics-dice-converter/ so you don't have to shell out big bucks for wacky dice. Hopefully, once they are more common the dice will be cheaper.
greyarea

Postby Wizardawn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 am

greyarea wrote:Hopefully, once they are more common the dice will be cheaper.

In my opinion, it is not so much a question of "cheaper". It is more about seeing them in the wild. Once you start seeing them in hobby stores then it would be less annoying. For alot of us, there is something about finding products in the gaming store rather than having to order it online.

- Djeryv
Wizardawn

Postby Thakazum » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:10 pm

My gaming store has these and even weirder dice. Always wondered who would buy them... now I will. I do have to admit to loving the idea even if it seems not entirely necessary.
Thakazum

Postby Thakazum » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:02 pm

I ran a session of this last night over chat and it was pretty fun! The characters haven't gotten to level 1 yet, so can't really say how playing with the classes is yet. A party of four characters - 2 turned to stone, 2 slain by a skeleton warrior (a very bad wandering monster roll) and 1 fled to get "new recruits".
Thakazum

Postby Adapt » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:11 pm

As the player in Thakazum's test session, I can say that DCC is a lot of fun so far. The low powered nature of the 0-level characters makes adventuring VERY dangerous, which is something I haven't experienced in a while as a player. I can see how the "funnel" of slaughter that will hopefully result in a few characters surviving until 1st level might not be for everyone. For me, our first session was a total blast. We'll have to report back to all of you regarding our second group of gimps and imbeciles ... er.... brave adventurers. ;)
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games