OOC Chat

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: OOC Chat

Postby greyarea » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:59 pm

What I thought was interesting about the entangle is that because the slope is barren new plants needed to sprout from the ground to cause the entanglement effect. I'm not sure how I will describe that spell underground. Obviously it will work there but will it be plants as in a field? Roots? Fungus? Lichen? I'm thinking back to how it was done in the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale games...
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:04 pm

I've PMed Kristian and gotten no response and it's been almost two weeks since he's logged into the forums. I don't know his situation--I hope he's well--but his character, Sal, is assumed to be not on this adventure.

If he rejoins later, that's fine, we can write him in. Otherwise, Father Sal got drunk at The Rat and Pig back in Wolford and is under guard in the drunk tank. :D
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:40 pm

greyarea wrote:Father Sal got drunk at The Rat and Pig back in Wolford and is under guard in the drunk tank. :D

:lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Craigers07 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:41 am

If he does join us later that archer in the eye of the skull is going to have a fun time using him for target practice.

I’m picturing a sauced cleric wandering down the slope with arrows sticking out of him. :lol:

I guess Kristian is still having computer problems. Hopefully he can join us again soon.
Craigers07

Postby Professor P » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm going to be away from the computer for the holiday weekend, so please NPC Kalvain. Thanks.
Rolling my Percent Chance to Know to parse Dungeons and Dragons.
Professor P

Postby greyarea » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 am

Professor P wrote:I'm going to be away from the computer for the holiday weekend, so please NPC Kalvain. Thanks.

Can we play him as Kubes?
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:30 am

greyarea wrote:
Professor P wrote:I'm going to be away from the computer for the holiday weekend, so please NPC Kalvain. Thanks.

Can we play him as Kubes?

:lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:21 am

Latest move is up. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter weekend, regardless of your faith. :)

And if you think the module is nasty to your characters blame bighara and my dice. ;)
greyarea

Postby Surfing HalfOrc » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Meh, I should have thought about that myself. When I wrote up my own version of Skull Mountain, I had almost the exact same trap!

Eyes as archer positions, then murder holes in the ceiling to fire crossbows down at the characters. The oil is a much better idea though. I think everybody who owned the D&D boxed set wrote a version of Skull Mountain. I set it up as a follow up to Keep on the Borderlands, and the main headquarters of the evil temple from the Caves of Chaos.
Surfing HalfOrc

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 am

I loved murder holes as a design element back in the day. I did a version of Skull Mountain but used them, along with other "real world castle defense" tricks in my dungeon design.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain