7. Loshad's Bargain

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 7. Loshad's Bargain

Postby kipper » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

tumblingdice wrote:Anja, the horse stands around doing nothing. Short of your rushing it, staff in the air, it probably won't run away.

If the horse chooses to stay with us of it's own will, or even if another party member now wishes to claim it, that is none of Anja's affair. She has fulfilled her obligation to Loshad, and that's the end of it.

badams30 wrote:Seeing that the horse won't leave, Athelstan will take a rope to it and lead it behind Bud. "We can keep him as extra, along with the others." He raises an eyebrow to Anja and says "You are a woman of your word, Traldaran. But as for that filthy horse man, I'll kill him and flay him before I'll turn my faithful steed loose. Mark my words, that dirty creature and I have a reckoning once this is over."

Old Anja shrugs and nods.
kipper

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:11 am

Day 24, Soladain, 24th of Thaumont, banks of the Volaga River, sunrise

You awaken to gray skies, and the feeling of impending rain. You estimate it's no more than half a day's journey to Xitaqa, where Stephan and his captors await. As you cook breakfast over a small fire, a naked figure stumbles out of a nearby copse of trees and into your campsite. Blood stains his face, and his hair and beard are tangled and full of dirt.

Soldath Vorloi, I presume.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan glances up at the sky and says in a dour tone "Oh, wonderful. It hasn't rained enough lately. Ah, Soldath, glad to uh, see you. So to speak, that is." He nods in the direction of our destination and says "Today is the day, let's go find Stephan and kill those responsible for this mess."

OOC: Ready to roll!
badams30

Postby saalaria » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 am

Tethir - Elf

Tethir claps Soldath on the shoulder.
"How are you feeing? You must tell me - what did that feel like?"
saalaria

Postby kwll » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:24 am

Meringered rejoices at the sight of his companion returned to a more natural form. He mumbles a small prayer and joins the others to greet Soldath back to the party.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:52 am

Tret

Tret looks over the naked, bloody, bearded man. Looked better in wolfen form, he says and goes back to packing.

Let's head out as soon as we can. I'll take the vanguard as usual, but it might help to have a canine's keen scent up front, eh Soldath?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Soldath - Mage

I don't remember anything... what happened? Why is there fur in my mouth? Where are we? Soldath will look about with some confusion. He'll nab his robe if it can be found. What the hell happened? After catching up with the group he will settle down.

No sure how often that's going to happen but at least I did not rampage against the lot of you.
He will say with a shrug. Just keeps getting better.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Seeing no discussion about whether or not to let Soldath rest after his lupine exploits, I'll assume that you do let him rest, allowing him to replenish any spells cast. Same goes for everyone else. If you'd like to cast healing spells, feel free to do so.

Nothing disturbs your morning, other than the rain. In the afternoon, you saddle up and right northeast toward Xitiqa.

It's a miserable, rain-soaked march along the river bank. You encounter neither man nor beast on the narrow expanse of plains between the Volaga on your right and the escarpment on your left.

As nightfall approaches, and you get closer to your destination, you see a tall stone ruin creep up over the ridge of the escarpment, exactly as Loshad described it. While still at a safe distance, you see, at its foot, hidden amongst tangled gullies, the ruined city of Xitaqa.

The adventure continues, later tonight, I hope, in Chapter 8. The Ruins of Xitiqa.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

Before resting, Anja will concoct a foul brew (CLW) for the three people with the lowest HP: Soldath, Meringered, Tethir.
kipper

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:36 am

Soldath - WareMage

Slurping up Anja's foul brew, trying to get the bloody iodine taste of varmints out of his mouth: Many thanks Anja, that helps. I don't think I can control my other self but I think he at least see's you as comrades. Let's continue in the morn? Or, do we enter at night?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror