Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby badams30 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:05 pm

The two drunkards look at each other, chuckle and continue out the door. Han, you see them heading toward the farmer's gate, shambling along and laughing and shouting. As they near the farmer's gate, a small group of guards appear, and move to intercept the men. A brief conversation ensues, and the pair continue on out the gate, as the guards watch and stand by. Apparently they continue on, as the guards disperse as quickly as they arrived.

Back inside,the commotion of normal evening conversation quiets somewhat due to the averted confrontation, and when Dak pulled back his cloak, but things gradually pick back up. A group of 3 men dressed like farmers or laborers shuffle by your table, nodding and smiling at you, one man says, "nice work, have a good evening." You can tell by the general expressions that the inhabitants approve of your actions. Owenden approaches, with a smirk, and says "Well done, I'd thank you for not engaging those fools, and destroying my establishment. And sorry, Dak. Don't let their words sting you, you are a good man." "Anyway, if you don't mind my asking, you look like quite a group, adventurers, I presume? Will you be staying long? You should consider staying awhile, Daggerford could benefit from men of your abilities. You too, Dak."

Seeing your quizzical glances, he says "Oh, sorry. What I meant was that you would be a great addition to the militia. It's required of all who spend more than 2 weeks in the town. If you are interested, head to the barracks - you can find someone to speak to there. I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms."

He smiles and continues: "If you'll be needing a room, I have 5 rooms open, small, but clean, they run 10 SP a night. That comes with a basin of hot water and some towels too in the morning and evening."

He starts to walk away to get more food and ale, and he looks back, almost absentmindedly, and says, "Oh, if you be in search of adventure, then you've come to the right inn. As you can see" motioning to the pillar, and the collection of gear and trophies on the walls, "we are the unofficial base of adventurers far and wide who come to these parts. And on the weekends, we tend to get more of the adventuring and travelling crowd, or any time when the caravan gate is open. You'll see more of that as it gets closer to fall... " and he says in a quieter tone, with a wink, "our fine ale sometimes loosens the tongues of those with leads on adventure or... opportunity." He smiles a knowing smile and goes back into the kitchen.

As this information sinks in, you all look around the table considering what has been said, and suddenly the moment is broken as the tavern door opens and 3 guards stride in, accompanied by an elderly man whom you recognize as having been in here until about 10 minutes ago. You see him pointing vigorously at your table and gesturing wildly. The guards look at him, at you, and then enter the inn, heading your way with a determined look on their faces.

Actions?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus says, "The reason I came here was to do my duty in the militia, so thank you Owenden."

When the guards burst in, his expression changes. He rises and smiles, "It's good to see the local guards here. Do you work for Lord SIr Llewellyn Longhand? I'm hoping to meet with him soon."
greyarea

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Han Overfist, augur

(having observed the interaction with the teamsters and the guards I feigned the drunk/latrine deal and follow in behind the guards...lasso opened wide, in hand, behind back)

(I will follow in as close as I can without attracting attention...using their momentum to carry me into the room)

(listens to what the guards have to say, with the intent to disarm a bad situation by lasso over the top from behind...but looks for a good place to secure it as a trip line if need be)

(catches himself thinking that this may be official business...none of his concern...but something is not smelling right)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nom, nom... nom...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 am

Rory's hand strays to the dagger on his belt, under the table, of course.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 am

The guards stride up to your table, approaching Marcus, since he spoke first. "Good evening, I'm Sgt. Schultz of the Daggerford Militia. I hear tell some rough sorts tried to stir things up here? The drunkards tried to blame your group for the disturbance, but some patrons vouched for your intentions." As the Sgt pauses, Owenden comes over to the militiaman's side and says, "Aye, these fellows acted as gentlemanly as possible. Thanks for coming to check on us."

With that the Sgt. smiles at you all and says in a jovial tone, "Good then, I've got a handful of men out to bring these scalawags to the stocks for the night, hopefully it will teach them some proper manners here in the Duke's city. I'd thank you for handling this well. Daggerford is no place for fisticuffs and brawling." As he finishes his sentance, he squints thoughtfully and says to Marcus, "Meet the Duke? All in good time, my fine Sir. I'd be happy to pass on your intentions to Lord Llewellyn in the morning. I'll just be taking your name then, and I assume I can find you lodging here at the Lady Luck?"

He pauses (in case you have any questions) and says "You look like a solid bunch, you do. And you've shown by your actions that you've got some smarts to you, that's a handy thing in these parts. We could sure use men like yourselves in the service of Daggerford. It's honorable duty, to be sure, and for the time being, free board as well. If you be interested, come see me at the barracks tomorrow afternoon, and we can talk." Unless you have questions, he politely tips his hat to you all, and says "Good night to you, and a restful sleep." And he takes his leave.

Owenden smiles at you all and says presumptively, "I knew you were the honorable sort, we'll all be much safer with you in the employ of Daggerford and our brave Duke!" As he turns to leave he says, "Oh, for your sharp thinking, and for helping ol' Dak out, the meals and drink are on the house tonight."

Actions? Owenden will happily rent you any or all of the available 5 rooms, and is fine with people doubling up if needed. The rooms will snugly hold two, but won't hold more than that. As he said, he will not accept any coin for the food and drinks, but will charge for the lodging. The mood of the inn returns, and the patrons glance at you all approvingly. It seems as though you are the Darlings of Daggerford, at least for the day.

You are welcome to stay and chat with patrons, sit and contemplate, or talk amongst yourselves. Since it's a weeknight, the inn begins to empty around 8PM, and you find yourselves alone shortly after that time. The rest of the evening is yours, let me know your actions, if none, just notify me where you will be sleeping, and we'll move to the morning.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 am

Marcus, paladin

Marcus gladly gives his name and information to the guard. He's obviously eager to help the militia.

He also gets a room from Owenden. "Thank you kind sir for the meal and drink. Your generosity is a lesson to all of us and I will spread word of this place to travelers as far as I can."
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 am

Nahin - Elf

Ay, thank you very much for the meal and ale! He will say to the innkeeper. To the others at the table. I am thinking that joining the militia might not be a bad idea. Free room and board while getting some experience and I'm sure a little extra gold. What are you all thinking?
Last edited by Spanningtree on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:53 am

DAK

"Most folks in Daggerford are nice. I sleep in the foundry, where I do work for the Blacksmith. He thinks I should join the Militia or join a group of adventure peoples... I think because he thinks I can do better than just labor work."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kjc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:30 am

Jayce - Fighter

Thank you Sgt., and good night.
Raising his cup to Owenden and gesturing towards his meal, thank you for your hospitality. I believe I'll take a bed as well. Dak we can split a room if you want to get off the foundry floor for a night?

Jayce was momentarily lost in thought. "Told by the Waterdhavian Guard that my service was...how'd it go...no longer required, and now thinking of joining a militia." Jayce shook his head slightly. "Still...if I can distinguish myself with the local Duke...that might be a step in the right direction with Jyn's father."
Turning to Nahin with a smile I'm in!

Eventually Jayce will wander over to check out the pillar and other trophies .

OCC: I'm surprised Sgt. Schultz got involved, I though he "saw nothing-nothing!" :P
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure