Latest versions of AEC and LL

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Latest versions of AEC and LL

Postby rabindranath72 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:33 am

Cross-posted from another thread to give the topic more visibility.

Are the latest errata included in the LULU documents? I mean, if I buy a print copy of AEC now, is it updated? What about LL? For example the versions on drivethrurpg don't match the free OLG documents.

Thanks,
Antonio
rabindranath72

Re: Latest versions of AEC and LL

Postby rabindranath72 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:56 pm

* BUMP *
None has this information? Dan? I am about to buy a number of books for my (large) group, and I want to be sure to give them the latest product possible.

Thanks.
rabindranath72

Postby keith23 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 pm

FWIW, I bought my printed copy at my FLGS last week, and the version (September 2009, 4th release) matches the no art PDF I downloaded from Goblinoid Games.

Keith
keith23

Postby Wulfgar22 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:43 pm

As far as I know, Dan only updates the books when a print run has been sold out and he orders a new one. That way he avoids the issue of various different printings being on sale at the same time. But I might be wrong...
Wulfgar22

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Wulfgar22 wrote:As far as I know, Dan only updates the books when a print run has been sold out and he orders a new one. That way he avoids the issue of various different printings being on sale at the same time. But I might be wrong...

Yes, this. What you see in the free text file is ahead of any updates for print and PDF versions. I did that as a courtesy but I won't be updating PDFs and POD books until the new print run enters distribution. I probably shouldn't have even posted those text files but so many people were waiting for it. Next time I won't update the free text file ahead of time.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Just one more note, I'm still in the process of working out the details for the new print run, so it won't be out for a little while. Not sure exactly how long.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby rabindranath72 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 am

Oh, that's strange. I have noticed many differences, for example in the racial writeups, or the additional rules, in the Italian version pdf vs. the English version pdf, which in turn has (smaller) differences w.r.t. the OGL text.
rabindranath72

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:Oh, that's strange. I have noticed many differences, for example in the racial writeups, or the additional rules, in the Italian version pdf vs. the English version pdf, which in turn has (smaller) differences w.r.t. the OGL text.

I'm not sure what you mean. The free text version (not the same as the free PDFs) as I mention has been presented ahead of the other material. Maybe you should send me an email to let me know more specifics.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to Labyrinth Lord