Interlude in Red Larch

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Interlude in Red Larch

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus looks at Rory cautiously. I have a duty to abide by the rule of Law, Rory. I cannot break that oath without disgrace and loss of my stature as a paladin. However, as we did with the goblins, I do appreciate that trickery and deceit can serve higher ends.

I am no scoundrel, but I have no problems serving with them to serve Torm's goals in this world.

Describe to me what you suggest. If need be, I will bow out or take another tack parallel to yours but more in line with the rule of Law.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will listen with interest.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

(Han leaves the place he stayed the rest of the night, happily strolling out into the street to get his bearings, he noticed he was missing a few coins..smiles...he knows the girls need the money and have had live by their wits and charms, so no harm done)

(Han sees that he is a block or so away from where the others were, so he strides up the street to find his travel mates)

(whistling and he walks)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Rory smiles at Marcus' disclaimer. "Very well," he replies. "The plan is quite simple, really. For the price of a few rounds of ale, we find out where Brown and ugly lives. Assuming I can put him to sleep without compromising my own hide, we tie him up and take him with us."

The half-elf takes another pull from his drink. "From there," he concludes, "it's just a simple matter of introducing him to Dak."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Marcus, paladin

So you speak of kidnapping and then questioning the man who had Grinkle beaten. Hmmm. Can we not subdue him and question him without violating the principles of ordered society? A wizard with a good charm spell could be as successful. Or even smacking him with the flat of my blade 'til he yields and forcing him to account for his actions.

Regardless, I do think that come morn', Grinkle and I will be off to the Lord Durden or Master Seedius to complain of the town guards' rude treatment of one of ours. Perhaps at that time you can find our quarry and I can meet you later. Just let me introduce him to the side of my gauntlet when you have him, as he deserves a fair thrashing for his actions.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 am

You all quietly finish up the ale and food left behind, and then turn in for the night. As the innkeep said, the common room has been set aside for your group, and you secure the door before turning in for the night.

After the first restful sleep you've had in some time, you awake refreshed and to the smell of hearty food coming from the downstairs. As you make your way downstairs, You see Dak and Grinkle already munching on some food, and sipping some coffee. Grinkle looks none the worse for wear after his episode, and seems cheerful enough. Dak is piling food in his mouth like he might never see another meal... The lone server greets you all and she rushes off to fetch food and drink for all of you. As you sit and eat, discussing the plans of the day, your conversation is interrupted by 3 Waterdhavian soldiers, two rank and file guards, and one man who stands as tall as Dak, and looks as strong to boot. He removes his helm, revealing a bald, scarred head and face. While not repulsive, this fella looks like he could probably hold his own against a half dozen men. He comes up to your table as the other two men stand by the door. He nods at Marcus and says "Sorry to interrupt your meal, but I've come to gather some information about your... uh... umm.. that is, his (pointing at Grinkle) run in with the robed one last night. Do you mind if I sit?"

Assuming you have no objections, he takes a seat with you all. "I'm Captain Stem, and I'm the commander of the garrison here in Red Larch. I'd like to apologize for my men roughing you up last night (nodding at Grinkle.) They'll be reprimanded for their actions. After the Sgt of the Guard informed us of what happened, I sent patrols to look for this robed one. He's been seen about town, and was renting a room at a boarding house. I sent two men to retrieve him for questioning, and they failed to return. When a patrol went searching, they were both found - dead, with no apparent wounds. The room was empty, and there's no trace of the man. Just a discarded brown robe and some candle stubs. His horse is missing from the stable as well. So I've come to see what you can tell me of this man. How do you know him? What is his name? Do you know where he's from? We're gonna find this one, and he's gonna pay when we do. But in the meantime, keep your eyes out for him. And if you find out anything about him... ANYTHING, let me know, okay? I've already mustered a 500GP reward for his capture, and I'm sure it'll go up once the Major gets wind of this."

When you inform Stem that you know nothing about the man, other than getting the stink face from him last night, he nods grimly. "We get all kinds up here in the frontier, but this one's a bad one. We'll find him, though. Anyway, sorry to interrupt your breakfast. Enjoy your stay in town. We haven't had this much excitement since Melvin's goats got loose and spooked a caravan's horses into running away last Spring." He chuckles and nods a farewell to you. As he leaves, he turns and says "Oh, yes. You can find me at the palace (he says the term with sarcasm) - that's the place you met with Magister Seedius at. Good luck to you." And he departs.

Looking outside, it looks like a bright if not chilly fall day. The vendors are setting up in the marketplace, and the town is coming to life. What's the plan for today?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus listens to Captain Stem. Let's find out where this robed one is hiding. He has to answer for his crimes, not only against the Law of Red Larch but his crimes against Grinkle here. I don't take kindly to those who would set ignorant guards on the innocent. Should we start at the robed one's room? Maybe the innkeeper here knows who he is. Or maybe the guard has more information.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:38 pm

"It seems virtue wins again," Rory quips, licking some bacon grease off his fingers. "Very well, Marcus, we'll do it your way."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:53 am

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will drunk a bit more ale: That sounds like a good start. It would be great to at least know who he is...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:12 am

Jayce - Fighter
"And what did we decided about the two older folks?" Jayce asked.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure