Mutant Future Contest!!!

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Mutant Future Contest!!!

Postby Agrippa » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 am

Um, do you mind if I go over some of my postings and outfit them a little bit more? I'm not quite sure how to stat out Aerith's staff or Sergent Slab Rankle's zombies and robotic security systems. Maybe even give him class levels like most of my characters.
Agrippa

Postby Blood axe » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 am

Agrippa wrote:Um, do you mind if I go over some of my postings and outfit them a little bit more? I'm not quite sure how to stat out Aerith's staff or Sergent Slab Rankle's zombies and robotic security systems. Maybe even give him class levels like most of my characters.

Do whatever you like! They are YOURS! I just started this to give away a spare book I had and to get members to post some cool characters!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Agrippa » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 am

Blood axe wrote:
Agrippa wrote:Um, do you mind if I go over some of my postings and outfit them a little bit more? I'm not quite sure how to stat out Aerith's staff or Sergent Slab Rankle's zombies and robotic security systems. Maybe even give him class levels like most of my characters.

Do whatever you like! They are YOURS! I just started this to give away a spare book I had and to get members to post some cool characters!

You're right Blood axe. I'll figure out exactly what they get myself.
Agrippa

Postby Malcadon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm

(wow, only until the end of this month! I got to get cracking! I have been enjoying rolling-up and cranking-out these original characters, based off pictures I find here or there. I hope I win, as it looks like a really nice book ;))

FORTEMENTUS

Race: Mutant Human: Mastermind
Level: 5
Hit Points: 29
Armor Class: 4
THAC0: 16
Saves: Eng 13, P/D 10, Stun 12, Rad 11
Alignment: Neutral

Attacks: 1/round, -1 to attack for melee and +0 to attack for missiles.
Damage: (+1 melee damage) 1d6 w/Machete, 1d4 w/knive, 7d6 w/Plasma Pistol, 3d6 (or 1d6 at maximum range) w/Automatic Shotgun.

Strength: 8 (6 for race) (-1 to attack and -1 to damage)
Dexterity: 11 (+0 to missile attacks and initiative and +0 to armor class)
Constitution: 9 (10 for levels)
Intelligence: 14 (16 for race) (+10% to technology; knows Latin and English)
Willpower: 12 (14 for race, 15 for level)
Charisma: 9 (10 for level) (+0 to reaction rolls, 4 retainers at morale 7 each)

Mutations: Neural Telepathy (racial; boosted: range 60'), Mind Thrust, Ability Boost, Damage Turning, Accumulated Resistances (radiation), Phobia (insects).

Equipment: Machete (as shortsword), 2 knives (as daggers), piecemail armor (as chainmail), backpack, bedroll, utility belt, spyglass, block and tackle, waterskin, lighter, lantern, 4 flasks of oil, 15 sheets of paper, quill pen, 2 vials of ink, Plasma Pistol (9 shots), Automatic Shotgun (6 rounds), Boron Solution Spray (2 charges), Healing Pack (6 charges), 18 Dehydrated Pills, 43 gp worth of assorted coins and scrap metal.

Fortementus is a scout for a Mastermind think tank community called Cohors Cogitans Alpha-III. It was concluded that they will need to relocate, or face the treat of being flanked by an army of mutant beast from the east, machine men from the west, and slavers for the northeast. He would rather continue remaining a part of the link, that forms the community, but the situation is considered potentially dire. He is from a hand-full of scouts brave enough to locate a new site. In spite of his anti-social skills - a trait common with his race - he has managed to find himself in a band of explores, and discovered the need to be more accommodating towards the "emotional state" of others. Since joining the party, he has lightened up somewhat, but still out of sorts with "primitive-thinkers." He still has a strong aversion towards dunking "mentally harmful substance" (alcohol), and "non-telepathic copulation" (sex), but he has finally develpoed a "ludicrous witticism" (sense of humor - vary dry and sardonic). He is most content not getting to attached to people from the primitive world, as those who get too attached, are branded being mentally corrupted by "emotionally unstable primitives", and becomes outcasts among their own kind. He has found that the "social comradery" he had formed with the outside world could be beneficial towards the continued survival of him and his community.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Agrippa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:06 am

This is more of a mutant race inspired by some preexisting media than a single individual. No prize figuring out what it is. So here it is, the lightning rat!

Lightning rat

Level: varies
HD: As 1/4 Con in d6, 7 hit points average
Armor Class: 2
THAC0: 19

Attacks: 1/round, +0 to attack for melee and +3 to attack for missle.
Damage: claws (1d4+3d6), bite (1d6+3d6), tackle (2d6+3d6) or lightning shock (6d6 to a range of 85 feet)

Strength: 11 (min. 4) Dexterity: 18 (min. 14 +2) Constitution: 7 (-2) Intelligence: 9 Willpower: 8 (-1) Charisma: 12 (min. 6)

Physical Mutations
Dwarfism/Mutation Score 19: Lightning rats reach a hight of 1'4" and a weight of 13.2 lbs. This grants them a +1 to hit human sized or larger foes in melee but a -2 to armor class but has a -2 penalty to damage against human sized creatures.
Energy Ray/Mutation Score 17 (Thundershock): A lightning rat can unleash a bolt of lightning to a range of 85 ft. for 6d6 points of electrical damage every three rounds.
Energy-Retaining Cell Structure/Mutation Score 14 (Volt Tackle, Thunder Punch and Biting Spark): When sufficiently charged a lightning rat can shock others by touch. Add 3d6 points of electrical damage to melee attacks.
Improved Dexterity/Mutation Score 11: Due to their higtened agility, lightning rats decrease their AC by 2.
Natural Weapon/Mutation Score 5 (Scratch): The claws of a lightning rat are sharp enough to inflict 1d4 points of damage.
Natural Weapon/Mutation Score 9 (Bite): The bite of a lightning rat is strong enough to inflict 1d6 points of damage.
Unique Sense/Mutation Score 14 (electricity): Lightning rats can sense major sources of electrical power in a range of 7,000 feet and can pin-point its origin.
Mental Mutations
Ranged Paralysis/Mutation Score 13 (Thunderwave): Once every three rounds a lightning rat can paralyze three enemies within 65 feet of its self if they fail a Save vs. Stun. The paralysis lasts for 2d4 rounds.

Diet, habitat and behaviour
Lightning rats are mutant rodents possessing human intelligence if not the ability to speak. Wild lightning rats often travel in packs of up to 24 adults, searching for berries and other plants for food. While they have traditionally made their homes in forests these large rodents have begun moving into human settlements and power plants obviously drawn by the electricity they generate. These lighting rats frequently enter human residences and farms in the search for food. While they often times came into conflict with humans, lightning rats have developed a symbiotic relationship with us. We give them food and shelter in return for their protection and suplementing our power plants.

New Mutation: Ranged Paralysis
Once every three rounds the mutant can paralyze one enemy per MSmod within a range of MSx5 feet if they fail a Save vs. Stun. The paralysis lasts for 2d4 rounds.
Last edited by Agrippa on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Postby Black Wyvern » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 am

Name: Near Earth Orbit Biological Sample CIV

Race: Mutant Plant
Alignment: Lawful

Str: 16+2
Dex: 16-2+2+1
Con: 13
Int: 16+10%
Wil: 9
Chr: 13-1

HP: 49
Level: 1
XP: 1359
AC: 3

Mutations:
Physical Human/Animal - Dermal Poison Slime Class 13 Death – 2d6 Damage
Mental Human/Animal – Combat Empathy
Plant – Free Movement, Full Senses, Electric Charge Generation, Nocturnal

Money: 32 GP

Equipment:
Ballistic Nylon Vest, Steel bar (club), Knife, Backpack, Double-Barreled Shotgun, 9 rounds of shotgun ammo, Infra-Red Goggles, 5 water skins.

2 War Dogs: Nada and Armistice

Background:
Civ was born when the International Space Station X crashed back to Earth after a millennium in orbit and the botanical samples of the station mingled with the scrub brushes of the radiated badlands. It grew on the steep cliffs a massive canyon. It left its canyon and learned the ways of man in the dark cavern cities of the flooded coast-lands. It has had no trouble finding odd jobs for local warlords. Since living among men it has learned not just about their ways but of their vile behavior. Knowing something of men and considering its nocturnal nature it has purchased two trained guardian dogs to protect it during its rest cycle.

When not at rest, Civ appears as a short spindly humanoid with thick bark/skin and small amounts of green foliage. Its skin is always shiny with a caustic poison that is excreted by its branches. During the brightness of the day the plant loosens if tightly bundled limbs and appears to be nothing more than a large brush with thin greenery and a caustic oily bark.

The plant man has little attachment to men or mutants. It simply makes its way seeking to improve its existence. It does however see the wisdom of their laws. A plant is no better than the code it lives by.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby Agrippa » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 am

Very high level NPC and not meant as a PC ever!

Miss Bitters
"So you see, ring around the rosy refers to the horrible symptoms of a terrifying disease!"
"And then the rats came for them, thousands of them. Dirty, dirty, rats. These weren't the cuddly kind of rats you get in today's sewers."
"Now, pull out your textbook and begin memorizing the copyright information. You will be quizzed on this!"
"By order of the skool board's program to reduce misery among skool children, this class is issued one classroom pet, hamster class. Name: Peepi. Take a good look, children. It will prepare you for your adult lives in our nightmarish corporate system."
"Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will all receive phone calls instructing them to love you less now."
"The skool has lost its funding for textbooks, so you've all been given wildlife survival manuals. Today you will be quizzed on how to skin a moose!"
"Class, despite my moral outrage, the Skool Principal is allowing you to celebrate Valentine's Day this year. Go ahead! Pass out your Valentine's meat slabs! It's traditional…"
"Be quick! I can only survive so long in the sun."

Race: Mutant "Human"
Class Level: Magic-User 30, (6,620,000)
Character Level: 17 (6,392,001)
Hit Points: 195 (6,4,4,6,3,5,5,3,4,6,5,6,4,6,5,4,6,6,6,5,4,5,6,4,3,5+28+3,2,1,3,2,2,2,1,4+21)
Armor Class: -3
THAC0: 7
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Attacks: 1/round (two claw attacks per standard attack for a total of two attacks) or wrap, +4 to attack for melee and +7 to attack for missle.
Damage: 1d6+6 (claws), 1d8+6 (wrap)

Strength: 18 (20 for levels) (+4 to attack and +5 to damage)
Dexterity: 23 (28 for levels) (+7 to missile attacks, -9 to initiative and -8 to armor class)
Constitution: 20 (25 for levels) (+7 on poison saving throws and +6 on radiation saving throws)
Intelligence: 24 (+45% to technology (+75% including mutations) and 9 languages, English included)
Willpower: 22 (24 for levels)
Charisma: 8 (10 for levels) (0 to reaction rolls, 4 retainers at morale 7 each)

Death/Poison: 3 (+10 versus poison and disease)
Stun Attacks: 3
Radiation: 4 (+6)
Energy Attacks: 3 (+8)

Magic-User spells per day:
1: 8
2: 8
3: 8
4: 7
5: 7
6: 7
7: 6
8: 6
9: 5

Spellbooks
As of yet unsure.

Physical Mutations
Increased Constitution/Mutation Score 14: Add 28 to Miss Bitters' hit points and +3 to her saves vs. poison.
Increased Dexterity/Mutation Score 17: Subtract 4 from Miss Bitters' AC.
Increased Smell/Mutation Score 12: Miss Bitters can pick up scents from a distance of 120 feet.
Metamorph (2 selections, serpent and spider)/Mutation Score 15: Miss Bitters can contort and twist herself like a serpent and slither about the floor, ceilings and walls of the Skool, occasionally hanging down to spy on her students. In this state Miss Bitters possesses one extra Natural Attack, a wrap for 1d8+6 points of damage. Miss Bitters shift into a spider-like mode of transport and crawl around on all fours, granting her Increased Balance and Quickness.
Natural Weapon (two claws)/Mutation Score 10: 1d6 points of physical damage with claw attacks.
Regenerative Capability/Mutation Score 12: Miss Bitters regenerates two extra hit points a day.
Thermal Vision/Mutation Score 10: Befitting her inhuman origin Miss Bitters has thermal vision up to 50 feet.
[Drawback] Frailty (Sunlight): Miss Bitters suffers 3d6 points of damage from exposure to direct sunlight per round.
Mental Mutations
Acute Hyper Healing/Mutation Score 9: Once per week Miss Bitters can heal at three times her normal rate and free herself from physical pain and fatigue for 24 hours.
Body Adjustment/Mutation Score 10: Miss Bitters can heal all hit point damage suffered once every 24 hours. She can also double her physical atributes for 3d10 twice a week.
Psionic Flight/Mutation Score 7: Miss Bitters can fly at a top speed of 70' per round.
Quick Mind/Mutation Score 14: Can comprehend and become familiar with new technical devices in 1/3 the normal time. Has a +30% bonus to tech rolls and a 75% chance of spotting a lie. An attacker must make three successful mental attacks against Miss Bitters to affect her.
Permeate/Mutation Score 11: Miss Bitters can pass through solid objects as if they weren’t there at all at half her base speed.

Kit
Normal teacher's supplies plus the possibility that she is responsible for the Skool's high tech equipment.

Personality and background
Miss Bitters is ancient, evil and sullen.
More to come.
Last edited by Agrippa on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Postby Malcadon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:12 pm

(another combo set, this time its really overpowered, with houserules I posted on the MFWiki)

KARA AND "EDGER"

KARA
Race: Pure Human
Level: 8
Hit Points: 73
Armor Class: 6
THAC0: 14
Saves: Eng 9, P/D 8, Stun 10, Rad 9

Attacks: 3/round, +0 to attack for melee, +2 to attack with vibro dagger, and +2 to attack for missiles.
Damage: (+1 melee damage) 1d6+1 w/Machete, 1d4+1 w/knive, 1d4+7 w/vibro dagger.

Strength: 12 (11+1 level) (+0 to attack and +0 to damage)
Dexterity: 16 (15+1 level) (+2 to missile attacks and initiative and -2 to armor class)
Constitution: 16 (13+3 race)
Intelligence: 19 (15+3 race, +1 level) (+20% to technology; knows Trade speak, English, and 2 other languages)
Willpower: 11
Charisma: 11 (7+3 race, +1 level) (+0 to reaction rolls, 4 retainers at morale 7 each)

Equipment: Machete (as shortsword), 2 knives (as daggers), axe, datasuit (as furs/skins), backpack, bedroll, 50' nylon rope (as silk rope), flint & steel, waterskin, lantern, 3 flasks of oil, advanced breathing apparatus, medi-spray I, vibro dagger, plutoium clip, 15 cans of food, water purifier, Medium Encasing Military Armor (see EDR-37 "Edger", below), 492 gp worth of assorted coins and scrap metal.

Kara Jonson was born into a band of nomadic scavengers. Do to some old dogma, she became an outcast in her clan. While working as a scout, her band was ambushed and was separated. She took refuge in an old bunker, where she found her partner -- EGR-37 "Edger". Kara is cheerfully optimistic, and is more comfortable with machines, then people. Edger - unit EGR-37 - was designed to be an advanced combat armor, that can operate independently of a user, and with the ability to operate for years before needed to replace it's power cell. It is hardwired to follow a human wearer. He has a a serious outlook, and tends to comment on everything with dry sarcasm. Their personalities are as much of a contrast, like night and day, but they get along quit well. Their exploits have become the stuff of legends, and a large human community even pledged their loyalty for the sake of her protection (think Gamma Knights), but she declined, as she is too nomadic to settle-down.

EGR-37 "EDGER"
Race: Robot/MEMA
Hit Dice: 30 (150hp)
Locomotion: Legs (pair)
Manipulators: 2 advanced hands (can be slaved to gauntlets); 2 gauntlets (pilot use only)
Armor: Neovulcanium Armor (AC 0; AC -2 w/Kara)
Sensors: Nerve Web (+2 range weapons, and initiative)
Mental Programming: AI (Lawful)
Controls: Neuro*
Accessories/Android Features: Standard MEMA equipment, plus: AT Recorder/Transmitter, Vocalizer, Weapon mounts (forearms & shoulders), self-repair unit, Quickness, Weak Will
Weaponry: Plasma Rifle, MkI Laser Pistol, Grenade Launcher w/17 (out of 30 missiles) Frag Grenades, and Missile Launcher w/11 (out of 16 missiles) Micro-Missiles.

Attacks: 2/round, +3 to attack for melee and +3 to attack for missiles.
(6/round, +3 to attack for melee, +5 to attack with vibro dagger, and +5 to attack for missiles, with Kara)
Damage: 9d6+4 w/punch, 8d6 w/Plasma Rifle, 6d6 MkI Laser Pistol, 5d6 w/Frag Grenades, 7d6 w/Micro-Missiles.
(9d6+5 w/slaved punch, 1d6+5 w/Machete, 1d4+5 w/knive, 1d4+11 w/vibro dagger, with Kara)

Strength: 19 (17+2 race) (+3 to attack and +4 to damage)
Dexterity: 14 (12+2 race) (+1 to missile attacks and initiative and -1 to armor class)
Constitution: 17 (14+2 race)
Intelligence: 10 (12-2 race) (+0% to technology; knows English)
Willpower: 1 (12>3-2 race)
Charisma: 11 (12-2 race, +1 level) (+0 to reaction rolls, 4 retainers at morale 7 each)

* more info about this system, see this page. A "Neuro" control allows a pilot/wearer to combine his/her combat abilities with the unit.
Malcadon

Postby Blood axe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:46 pm

The contests is drawing to a close. Last chance.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Malcadon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:25 pm

(eye on the prize)

From the pages of Heavy Metal Magazine, and Heavy Metal the Movie:

DEN OF NEVERWHERE

Race: Altered Human
Level: 12
Hit Points: 108
Armor Class: 4 (base AC 5)
THAC0: 11
Saves: Eng 7, P/D 4/6, Stun 8, Rad 7
Alignment: Lawful

Attacks: 2/round, +3 to attack for melee, and +2 to attack for missiles.
Damage: (+2 melee damage) 3d6+5 w/punch, 4d6+5 w/spear, 1d12 w/Automatic Rifle.

Strength: 18 (12+3 bonus, +3 level) (+3 to attack and +3 to damage)
Dexterity: 17 (13+3 bonus, +1 level) (+2 to missile attacks and initiative and -2 to armor class)
Constitution: 18 (10+3 bonus, +3 race, +2 level)
Intelligence: 21 (18+3 bonus, +3 race) (+30% to technology; knows English, plus 4 other languages)
Willpower: 15 (12+3 bonus)
Charisma: 18 (10+3 bonus, +3 race, +2 level) (-2 to reaction rolls, 7 retainers at morale 10 each)

Mutations: Increased Strength, Increased Dexterity Increased Constitution,, Bizarre Appearance (completely hairless) Enlarged Part (its any wounder he has yet to kill any of the girls with... it :shock:).

Equipment: Spear, loincloth (as skins/furs: see Chainmail Binini Effect), Automatic Rifle... all of these are entirely optional, as he usually fights with his fist or what ever he has on hand, and spends most of the comics bare-ass-naked.

DEN was once a nerd from the 1970s. Working off his late/missing father's instructions, he built an dimensional gate to a world called Neverwhere. He was drawn-in by a strange woman pleading for his help. When he awaken, he found himself in a new body - a highly robust body - and he lost much of his memories from Earth. He found himself in a strange, savage world. He found out that that the normal rules of time and physics dont apply to Neverwhere, as he encounters other Earth-born people of different ages (all looking the same age as him), and from different times. Much of his adventures involved kicking mutant ass, rescuing one naked chick or another, dealing with cultists, kicking more ass, banging aforementioned women (and them some), kicking even mo... err.. basically, he is a hairless homoerotic chunk of gratuitous male wish-fulfillment. :mrgreen:
Malcadon

PreviousNext

Return to Mutant Future