Pure Strain Humans...why ask why?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Pure Strain Humans...why ask why?

Postby gentleman john » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:52 pm

And also very bizarre.

So, you have a group of obvious mutants with strange powers, dressed up in strange costumes, following a code of honour to carry out strange missions.

Sounds like a perfect secret alliance to me.
gentleman john

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 am

I don't think there is anything bizarre about it...and they don't have to wear strange costumes.
Gavin

Postby Blood axe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:36 am

Gamma World had a cryptic alliance that was "super heroes". The Friends of Justice(i think).

I think that a PSH increased life span would increase AFTER maturity. Otherwise it is more of a liability in a PA world. The PSH would be helpless for years....

PSH have increased stats.
In my campaigns I give them better knowledge of the "ancients" and their technology. They are sometimes recognized (and obeyed or aided) by Robots/computers. Medicines work best on PSH, not mutants or others. Mutants and others are sometimes persecuted & discriminated against. You have to play it in the game.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 am

I could see the young seen as helpless because they are young...but a 10yr old that has the knowledge, training, and experience of a 30yr old can be dangerous...and creepy.

I suspect most players would take advantage of the extended lifespan to create multi crafted professionals...especially if you could have 60yrs worth of life jammed into a 30yr old body :D
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby gentleman john » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Gavin wrote:I don't think there is anything bizarre about it...and they don't have to wear strange costumes.

[Phineas and Ferb] No. No they don't. [/Phineas and Ferb]

But it's more fun if they do!
gentleman john

Postby Blood axe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Atomic Ray wrote:I could see the young seen as helpless because they are young...but a 10yr old that has the knowledge, training, and experience of a 30yr old can be dangerous...and creepy.

I suspect most players would take advantage of the extended lifespan to create multi crafted professionals...especially if you could have 60yrs worth of life jammed into a 30yr old body :D

Sure, but the PSH is spending 21years in a body of a 1-7 year old. Very weak or helpless in a PA world. Just wouldnt make sense, since there are suppose to be alot of PSH compared to mutants,etc. Few would survive to maturity. (18 years or so) But its just a game, so....lol.
Blood axe

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Perhaps the mothering and fathering instinct is also extended and advanced so the youth are given plenty of room to grow?

We are talking about a game where your character could have two heads, tentacle arms, and shoot beams out of the eye sockets :shock:

lol
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Blood axe » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:07 am

LOL. I know- I just dont see breast-feeding/diaper changing an infant for 3 years in PA setting as a "realistic" option for PSH. How would so many survive? But its just a game.
Blood axe

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 am

The 3:1 was a ratio to establish extended youth...I suspect you are looking far too deep into this aspect...but as devils advocate I will adjust it to say "quickly matures to 9 and then the 3:1 kicks in".

So a PSH that was 39yrs old would look 19yrs old, a 69yr old would look 29yrs old, a 99yr old would look 39yrs old...

I did not see the child staying young longer being an issue as they would be fully functional intelligent...but it does make some sense so we can fix it easily as above :)

The whole point was to establish a measure of advantage to being PSH...lots of skills, experience, and training that others can not compare due to their long life spans.
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby jeff » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 am

Spidergoat would taste like regular goat but more stringy. ;)
jeff

PreviousNext

Return to Mutant Future