Art request

This forum is for displaying your artwork for feedback, or just for fun.

Art request

Postby 3d6 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I’m writing a module, it is getting close to done (link: Tower of the Manticore), and it needs some more art. I’ve done two illustrations, but I’d like some other artist(s) work too.

Two items in particular: A kobold zombie (see p. 10), and a cover. (Or anything else that strikes your fancy.)

Should be PG rated. Not too gruesome. More Judges Guild (or 70s/80s TSR) than Paizo. Maybe 60% Ditko and 40% Wrightson (but don’t let the names constrain you). And absolutely not even one tiny trace of even a little anime influence. Let me know it you’re interested. PM here or landlord.dombrowski at gmail dot com

Remember it’s a female manticore.

Doesn’t need to be great (mine aren’t!). But it doesn’t have to be “primitive” either. Doesn’t have to be at all like my style, in fact I’m looking for variety! Send me a quick preliminary pencil sketch if you want.

One more thing, of course you’ll be credited on the cover, but no money is involved. Purely a diy fan/amateur effort. What I/we might plan for this module eventually, I do not know. Maybe just host on my site, or “get it out there” more. Not sure.

As for the adventure itself, it is written for LL, but that doesn’t really matter, and of course playable with many systems, you know the ones.

Before you ask about my pic of a dwarf, yes, dwarves imc commonly use scimitars! Weird, I know. I didn’t really plan it this way, just kind of happened, but its funny how just a small thing like that sets them just a little apart from Tolkien, et. al. Basically they’re same old usual dwarves, but a little more “wild men of the caverns,” flavor esp. in combat, “berserkers of the beneath,” hacking madly with their scimitars away against their perennial foes the kobolds. Of course put the axes back in their hands if that’s too much for you to take! :D :D

P.S. SOME Paizo art is great. I really don’t have anything against it. Some anime too (Miyazaki), but not for this!
aka landlord.dombrowski on google
blog -> Bruno's Demise
3d6

Re: Art request

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:36 am

Good luck with your project!
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Return to Art Forum