Skull Mountain: the Return

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: the Return

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Information...

Bars bristles at Dandy's comment. He looks as if to respond less than peacefully for a second, and then decides against it. His men also tense but then return to an "at ease" kind of stance with a wave of Bars' hand.

He takes a deep breath and then begins. "Like I said, we have similar goals. We are neither cultists, nor woodland thieves. We aim to be rid of those in Skull Mountain if we can. Ever since Cooper took over and turned the guild into that Obsidian Heart, things haven't been good for us. We had ties back into forgotten history in that old mountain, than Cooper started causing trouble and we had to take care of him. Seems that didn't go as we expected. He returned, claiming to speak for the 'god of the mountain' and lookin' to return to the 'old ways' and whatnot. Destroyed the guild, he did. We'd all be best off rid of him."
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Dieter - Mage

Interesting... what is this god of the mountain that he is speaking of? Are you proposing a combining of resources?

[EDIT]: Made a gramatical mistake, corrected. Content remains the same.
Last edited by Spanningtree on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Furuk moves to the side of Grimes and listens to what the men have to say. He stands ready but does nothing hostile.

OOC: I’m not sure if I want this guy following our exploits. It looks like he’s wearing orange tights.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Bars replies, "I know nothing of this 'god of the mountain' he was talking about. As far as I know, the oldest ways were that of our guild. He claims to have found something deeper in the mountain but who knows what that could be. We fed him to the volcano and he reappeared: that's all I know.

I'm not proposing a 'joining of forces' with you. I'm not naive enough to believe that our ends are exactly the same, similar as they may be. I'm fed up with the atrocities the Obsidian Heart is committing and you aim to put a stop to that, this I can see. I'm sure our goals part ways not soon after that goal is met. On top of that, we've been working to stop the cult's activities out here. Like I said, they're committing atrocities and while the country-folk might not have loved the guild, we never did what that cult does. And it doesn't hurt that many cult members were never a part of the guild. They ain't us.

So, while I just have an idea of your general mission and your successes thus far, seeing you walk through this wood out of that mountain not only alive but with prisoners is a pretty good indication of success, I'm sure Cooper has knowledge as well, seeing as he's not only felt the impact your success in the mountain but because he has spies in town as well. He's a dangerous one. I'm sure he's prepared for you. And if there is a god of that mountain, I can only hope that this conversation will be of some help.
"

OOC: He's no longer in orange tights.

greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:47 am

Dandy Dwarf Cleric

"Well, ye man o'tha woods! Ye speak well and I be fer takin yer werds ta heart! If'n ya want them rascals gone, then I be fer callin'ye me friends!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 am

Dieter - Mage

The initial level of the cultist temple is a veritable hell of traps. If they are expecting us I cannot imagine we would last to long. Do you know of an alternate way inside that they might not expect us to be using?
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:05 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes smiles slyly at the thought of skewering some cultists, and nods his head with approval as Bars speaks.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Bars answers Dieter, "Ahh, the labyrinth. Yes, I know that area well. Or I should say, knew, because I'm sure it's not what it was when I was there. There is no shortcut that I'm aware of, but if you go straight from the stairs down to it and follow the wall on your right after passing the passage north, you should get to the main storeroom, or at least that's what it was when I was there. There are weird drawings on the wall and some things carved. One is an open mouth, which leads to a passage to the volcano. From there, you can find a concealed passage down to the third level, avoiding most of the labyrinth. I cannot advise you on traps, as we changed them regularly when it was the guild's stronghold, but that way is the closest to a shortcut that I can suggest.

If Cooper is smart, and I think he is, he will avoid arming the maze and instead concentrate cultists in the skull and the third level, where we had our main meetings. But that's just a guess.
"

greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Dieter - Mage

Would you be interested in helping us with the skull, we would be most grateful. Deiter will say with a quirky smile.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Smiling with enthusiasm and anxiously rubbing the hilt of his magic shortsword, Grimes says "Yes, your assistance would be very helpful. And in return, we'd be happy to send these cultists to meet their diety firsthand..."
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain