Intrest?

For discussion of the fantasy RPG WIZARDS' WORLD.

Intrest?

Postby Skathros » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 pm

So, is there still interest in WW? I for one am smitten with the game, as you might have noticed.
WIZARDS' LORE: A Wizards' World fan site & home to Dungeon Delving Games.
OSRWTF: A more critical look at the movement from a disenchanted fan.
Skathros

Re: Intrest?

Postby bat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Me too! I bugged David a bit and I am really glad that he is here. Just recovering from reconstructive shoulder surgery, so I am functioning on a minimal level for a few weeks. But yes, my group LOVES WW.
bat

Postby Spectral Hand » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:37 am

You guys have rekindled my interest in WW, too. I'm thinking hard about starting up a new campaign in the fall. :)

Skathros -- I'll get back to you on the other thread when time permits. RL is kind of in the way right now, and the spontaneous caster system demands a fairly elaborate explanation.
Spectral Hand

Postby Skathros » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 am

Spectral Hand wrote:Skathros -- I'll get back to you on the other thread when time permits. RL is kind of in the way right now, and the spontaneous caster system demands a fairly elaborate explanation.

No worries David. You take care or RL, i'll still be here when you get back.

Hope the surgery went well, Bat. Get well soon!
Skathros

Postby bat » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks, Skathros. It went well, but it was pretty involved, being a reverse job so that the ball is now on top of my shoulder. The doctor said I was great to work with because there was so little bone left at the joint and the rotator cuff was gone. :(
Healing, trying to write and draw when I can, trying to stay sane in this heat.
bat

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Ouch, get well soon!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby bat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks a million, Dan! Doing my best. Doctor said not to be Superman and to take my medication and keep my head low, so I am laying up, arm in a brace, taking as little medication as possible, but will have a lot of drawing time! :)
bat

Postby oldgamergeek » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:08 am

I plan on running a game at u-con this fall. http://www.ucon-gaming.org/ This is a great game I am glad it is available again. Just one more reason Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby Skathros » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 am

Well oldgamergeek , with you, bat, and myself, that makes 3. 3 seems like a pretty good number to start a fan base. Now lets see if we can increase the fan base ten fold.

That said, if any of you have any original Wizards' World material you would like to share, maybe you wouldn't mind sharing it with Project 80ies' Wizards' Lore zine. "Erm, Skath? Isnt it silly to have a zine for a game with only a handful of fans?". Well, yes, maybe it is. But who knows? A little activity around the game might generate some buzz, which in turn might bring a few more folks our way. And then a few more. And a few more. And...well, you see where i'm going with this.

Seeing the interest in games like Hackmaster (new game/old school feel/different rules), Castles & Crusades (new game/old school feel/different rules), DDC (new game/old school feel/different rules), I just think that Wizards' World (old game/old school feel/different rules) deserves as much (if not more) attention as those other games. I mean, hey, worst case scenario, this little project flops. But we gotta start somewhere, right?

So if there's anything you have cooked up for WW, rules, prefessions, monsters, treasures, a small adventure, anything, please consider sending it my way. Who knows, maybe I can cajole the Necromancer (Dan, who raised this dead game) or the Wizard himself (David) into submiting an article?
Skathros

Postby bat » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I am plotting a WW only blog and have a few monsters and spells cooked up for it. Dan made a banner for me, then I got caught up in a worker's compensation nightmare and the shoulder surgery. Recovering from the surgery and I should be able to write and contribute more to this idea as I will be off work for several more weeks. (to not be politically correct, when I try to eat with my right arm I do look a bit like a short-busser. If I don't wear my immobilizer [which the doctor said I don't always need to wear] people kind of stare when I am eating in a restaurant)
bat

Next

Return to WIZARDS' WORLD