Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:34 am

Vargr1105 wrote:Balfa contributes, "We know too little about the sorounding countryside for this map to be of use. Maybe we should travel a bit more and attempt to discern locations? I think I see one village or outpost on the map..."

The vast swamp lies due west of you. Riding horses into the gnarled bog seems to pose risk of a broken leg. There is no discernable trail to follow. Would you like to head due west?, southwest? nothwest? And what are people carrying as far as weapons and how are you marching?

The air is heavy as if it may rain. A few crows cackle noisily off into the swamp.

Its now 900am, the Temple has been thoroughly searched. What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby kwll » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am

"If you ask me, the giant frogs were warning enough that walking right into the swamp is not a good idea. I say we try to avoid going straight through it." says Zavenorrin with a grave voice. "That way, we will be able to use our mounts a little more."
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Turin, cleric

I agree. Avoiding more of those frogs seems wise.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

kwll wrote:"If you ask me, the giant frogs were warning enough that walking right into the swamp is not a good idea. I say we try to avoid going straight through it." says Zavenorrin with a grave voice. "That way, we will be able to use our mounts a little more."

Egbert listens to Navenorrin and considers his words... "Yea... I taint fond o'them over grown tadpoles!!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:54 pm

OOC: I made a roll for the sword earlier, and possesion went to Immalor, so he can do what he wishes with it :)

OOC: seems as though mainly Egbert & Immalor have eyes on the fachion, rolls: Egbert 69, Immalor 72. Immalor claims the falchion drawing it up from the mucky debris it sticks out of from an angle. It is of fine craftmanship, once the thin slime coating is wiped clean.

From what you have heard Castle Krake and the Village once known as Krakesborough are in the middle of this un-natural swamp - so avoiding the swamp entirely would seem difficult. ;)

As soon as we get consensus on where and how to proceed we shall step out. It sounded as though Vargr1105 had a notion of trying to orientate yourselves on the map you found at some point(?)

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Vargr1105 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Scalydemon wrote:As soon as we get consensus on where and how to proceed we shall step out. It sounded as though Vargr1105 had a notion of trying to orientate yourselves on the map you found at some point(?)

Balfa

"It would seem avoiding the bog is not possible. Our destination lies somewhere within it. I would wager the village on the map is Krakesborough, the circle to the north of it an artificial lake with Castle Krake."

OCC: Balfa will b happy with any position on the marching order. He will bring up the rear if no one else wants that spot. Weapon-wise he will carry his shield and scimitar plus a dagger on the belt.
Vargr1105

Postby Fools Jest » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 am

Immalor, Elf

Immalor examines the blade taken from the slime, gives it a long hard look, then shrugs and sticks the falchion through his belt.

"I can see on the map that there is a river running next to the settlement/castle Krake. Perhaps if we could find that it would lead us in the correct direction? It may be difficult as water in the swamp lands are tricky, and may look no different when we are right on top of the river...but that map makes it seem to have a pretty clear path."

OCC: Immalor would prefer to be in the front of the marching order. He will carry his short bow in open areas and axe when the going gets tight.
Fools Jest

Postby Scalydemon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 am

OOC: don't want to rush anyone, but don't want the game to drag either... So I have most people's marching order - and is the plan now just to head straight west into the swamp , until perhaps you come to a place you may be able to orientate yourselves? If I get somewhat of a consensus we can step out.

0930am and the sky overhead remains grey & ominous

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Postby kwll » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 am

"Agreed then, if there is no other way, let's go straight through the swamp." says Zavenorrin in a final tone. He then packs his belongings, takes his mount by its bridle and falls in line at the rear to follow his companions. He tries to keep his senses alert while walking in this possibly hostile environment.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Scalydemon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

The game will continue in Game Thread 2

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Previous

Return to Night of the Walking Wet