OOC CHAT

KJC's pbp game

Moderator: kjc

Re: OOC CHAT

Postby Miraje » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:16 am

hey they all look like weird people to me so I'm gonna just sit here and have a little drink and.... yeah hey what? Oh, yeah, thatsssszzzzzzzzz
-- If you let their characters die, they stop suffering... --
Miraje

Postby kjc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 am

Welcome our special guest star...jcftao!!! :D
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Miraje » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:31 pm

OK a sort of procedural question from me since I am new to this form of play: is it considered normal for things/events/conversations to overlap in terms of time and actions? at least during this sort of "staging" phase? I have no problem with it - being dyslexic, that's sort of how I process things anyway ;) If we need to "get our ducks in a row" at some point it would be good to know. I just don't want to do the equivalent of shooting someone who moves into my field of fire because I posted out of turn, which I have been known to do in online games... :o
Miraje

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Considering that every character you're playing will die horribly, I don't think it matters. :D
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Miraje wrote:OK a sort of procedural question from me since I am new to this form of play: is it considered normal for things/events/conversations to overlap in terms of time and actions? at least during this sort of "staging" phase? I have no problem with it - being dyslexic, that's sort of how I process things anyway ;) If we need to "get our ducks in a row" at some point it would be good to know. I just don't want to do the equivalent of shooting someone who moves into my field of fire because I posted out of turn, which I have been known to do in online games... :o

Seeing as KJC is a bit... deficient... in the way of observation skills and general aptitude, he may not even notice if you do something out of turn... Then again, I seem to get the feeling he's vaguely aware of light/dark and changes in temperatures.

Seriously though, the GM usually weighs the actions and if something seems out of place or contradictory, he'll usually edit them or ask again if that's what you intended to do.

That's assuming ol' KJC's taking his meds and is all on board and coherent. Tall order, that is...

And as Greyarea has mentioned, since we will all die in flames, it's all moot.
badams30

Postby Miraje » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 pm

well knowing kjc I can see how that would be the case 8-)
Miraje

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Since the play is a bit fluff right now anything goes but I would assume combat would be more regimented.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Miraje » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

oh and apologies to anyone I may have offended with some of the language in my posts - was not aware of that particular restriction, and to be honest trying to role-play a drunk-Irishman-posing-as-a-drunk-Australian without swearing may prove beyond my abilities. I hope to sober up (oh, and my character also) very soon :mrgreen:
Miraje

Postby kjc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 am

Miraje wrote:OK a sort of procedural question from me since I am new to this form of play: is it considered normal for things/events/conversations to overlap in terms of time and actions? at least during this sort of "staging" phase? I have no problem with it - being dyslexic, that's sort of how I process things anyway ;) If we need to "get our ducks in a row" at some point it would be good to know. I just don't want to do the equivalent of shooting someone who moves into my field of fire because I posted out of turn, which I have been known to do in online games... :o

Overlap happens, but it is customary to let everyone post before you post again. That being said, I break that rule often. Real life of course happens, so when someone is not posting we go on npcing the slacker until he returns (I'm often the slacker). Regarding friendly fire, in all instances it is encouraged and rewarded if directed towards badams
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby kjc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 am

greyarea wrote:Considering that every character you're playing will die horribly, I don't think it matters. :D

:lol:
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to CRYPTWORLD