SANDMAN: Map of Halaal

For discussion of the Pacesetter System game SANDMAN.

Re: SANDMAN: Map of Halaal

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Welcome!

Never heard that interpretation before, but I like it! Could do a Timemaster tie in. It isn't the "official" secret, though. I am still considering continuing the product line. The draft for the second set was written and playtested, but it disappeared when Pacesetter went out of business. No one seems to be able to recall what happened to it. If it ever resurfaces I own the rights to it and could publish it, but I'm not holding my breath. So if there is enough demand, since I do have a basic outline of how the adventures were supposed to go, they could be written anew.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby FSchuttee » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:22 pm

After looking at it again, the actual second set title was "The Key to the Inland Sea." Then there were supposed to be 4 more box sets, then a 7th "finale" set. I will admit, I have been figuratively "dying" for years to know what the answers were. I loved the writing and production values, I believe it was the house game mechanics that were the problem with a lot of people, plus the fact a lot of people couldn't get into the Sandman "world" that spelled the end for Pacesetter. Also wish I could still fit into my official Pacesetter T-shirt I got at Origins '85 along with Sandman. :cry:

I hope to get some people interested in Sandman this Sunday for a local Meet-Up group, and maybe even Chill the Boardgame. :) One other thing I liked...the picture of Dracula on the cover of the Chill Vampires Sourcebook looked a lot like the manager I worked for back in 1985, I swear to God...it was uncanny.
FSchuttee

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:35 pm

FSchuttee wrote:Also wish I could still fit into my official Pacesetter T-shirt I got at Origins '85 along with Sandman. :cry:

That's interesting, what did the shirt look like? (could you post a pic?) I offer some shirts here:

http://www.zazzle.com/goblinoidgames
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby FSchuttee » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:11 am

Had the Pacesetter Logo, but was on a tan or bronze colored T-shirt if I recall instead of the black shirt on your T-shirt page...seems I have misplaced it as I can't locate it right now. Also have the Chill T-shirt replicating the cover of Mayfair's version of the game. Anyhow, I hope to see more of Sandman in the future (keeping fingers crossed). ;)
FSchuttee

Postby Herb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:29 pm

So if there is enough demand, since I do have a basic outline of how the adventures were supposed to go, they could be written anew.

With Majus done will this be the next Pacesetter project? Will there be a Kickstarter going up.
Herb

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Herb wrote:With Majus done will this be the next Pacesetter project? Will there be a Kickstarter going up.

Got a different Pacesetter project I'm working furiously on. Hopefully I'll have more to say on that in the near future.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Previous

Return to SANDMAN