Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Would you like LL and AEC compiled in one volume or two volumes?

One volume
78%
Two volumes (separate player's handbook)
15%
No preference
7%

Total votes : 104

Re: Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

Postby jrodman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:10 pm

I like LL without the AEC, myself.
jrodman

Postby Vile » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:33 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:I want to do it this year, please just bear with me, I have a lot of personal and professional things happening right now which is why I've had a low profile lately.

I can bear as long as it takes, I just like to plan my purchases ahead for the purpose of scheduling games. No other reason, but that one is important given the scarcity of time when one gets to my age. ;)
The BLUEHOLME™ Project
Vile

Postby Barrel Rider » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:08 am

I've got softcovers of the LL and AEC books and plan on picking up hardcovers of each and if the compiled book of two of them comes out, I'll get it too. Put your money where your heart is, after all. Oddly enough, I rarely actually use AEC - but I take bits and pieces from it.
Barrel Rider Games: Fast, fun, free-spirited retro-clone fantasy gaming!

"Like" us on Facebook!
Visit our RPGNow Shop at http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4417
James M Spahn
Proud Member of the Labyrinth Lord Society
Barrel Rider

Postby Urieal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:41 pm

For those who are interested, I am working on a combined LL + AEC. Calling it Advanced Labyrinth Lord.

I am done with everything up to DRUID SPELLS and am making excellent headway.
I have compiled a list of all changes/modifications I've made thus far (minor grammatical errors, shifting where things are found, standardizing notation, etc.)

Once I am done with the text (it's in a Word document), I'll pass it off to Goblinoid Games if he wants to review it. All text is copied directly from the currently available free PDF versions.

I'll be doing layout in Adobe InDesign once the final text is complete.

Everything is in there, race-as-class, and all the rules marked "optional" are still marked as such. It's coming along nicely.
@Goblinoid Games - PM me if you want any updates or anything, I obviously won't "publish" or share anything without approval.

Once I get the full book done, I can quickly break it out into a PHB & LLG

For those who want to keep track of the changelist, here is a link
Urieal

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Urieal, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but my trademark license doesn't cover something like this. You can certainly do this and release it using the OGC, but you can't call it Advanced Labyrinth Lord, or use the term Labyrinth Lord at all. I am planning to do this project, trust me, and if you want to use this to help me out that is fine, but the trademark terms are not available to third parties.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Urieal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Urieal, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but my trademark license doesn't cover something like this. You can certainly do this and release it using the OGC, but you can't call it Advanced Labyrinth Lord, or use the term Labyrinth Lord at all. I am planning to do this project, trust me, and if you want to use this to help me out that is fine, but the trademark terms are not available to third parties.

The idea was only to put something together that you can use, not to publish it on my own in any form whatsoever. I wanted to get everything into a document for your review/approval and layout done for you so you don't have to bear the brunt of the work. I'd never publish anything under the Labyrinth Lord name (or any derivative thereof) without consent (most likely in written form).

The idea behind the changelist is to give you a complete listing of every change made in the document so it can be reviewed without using a "fine toothed comb".

I'll keep going and provide the document to you when I am done. Finished up the Druid spells last night and will probably finish Illusionist spells today.
Urieal

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 pm

ok, thanks man, wasn't sure what you meant. I'm going to want to add art, so doing a layout in In Design might be ahead of the game but certainly we can work together on this. I'm just asking everyone to be patient with me because as it turns out I'm in for another job chenge and cross country move. Things will be busy for the next several months for me.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Omote » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Great job Uriel. I have often considered doing this just for myself, but then looked at the trade dress for the most current printings and said "screw it." I love the current versions of LL and AEC, and a combined book is at the top of wish list, but I can wait. For how much longer, well, none can say... :ugeek:

~O
Omote

Postby Urieal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Illusionist & Magic User spells done, along with spell lists (which I generated programmatically with a little application that I wrote to parse MS Word documents). I didn't realize there were so many MU spells in AEC...the list of spells is pretty monstrous!

Also, the ability to find/replace styles in MS Word is a HUGE timesaver. Saved my bacon when I accidentally saved a style change that wouldn't revert with CTRL+Z.
Urieal

Postby Urieal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Done with sections 1-5 and 8. I've sent links to Goblinoid Games regarding all changes/text fixes/placing of sections for review.

Now...on to Monsters & Treasure!
Urieal

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord