Mini Six Is Now In Print

For discussion of other games.

Re: Mini Six Is Now In Print

Postby Black Wyvern » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:32 am

Mini Six is starting to make an appearance at Myth-Weavers. My Western, an Edwardian era Lovecraft game starting soon and one of the GMs just wrote me a PM saying he is planning on using it soon also. This system is a great fit for everything from pulpy games to deep immersion role-playing. Combat is fast, most of my shootouts have only lasted a couple rounds, and seems pretty survivable (read no PCa have died yet). The complications really add to the role playing potential.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby Malcadon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:44 am

I have recently printed-out the rulebook, and I'm finding some discrepancies between the older booklet and the current version. There seems to be some info missing, but I cant find the file on my backups.

I what to know what the ranges are for much of the weapons (it only lists the bow, crossbow, pistol, and grenade), and damage for unarmed strikes. I remember it used to have a list, that details each of the skills, e.g.: "Stamina: Endurance and resisting torture." A list like that would be vary useful for my players. There is a list like that in Precinct '77, but its incomplete and too genre specific to make make into a general list (I have made my own list, based on this info). I have make a number of notes in my booklet (any rulebook of mine that has no cliff-notes, are just collector's items to me), but I'm stumped at some places.

If you still have the older file, can you please send it my way. If you don't have it anywhere to be downloaded, my address is zen_darkstar@yahoo.com.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Rosencrantz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:03 am

Ray here:

Under Attributes:
Might represents physical strength, toughness, and amount of damage dealt when striking unarmed.

So unarmed damage is equal to a character's Might attribute.

You didn't ask, but all melee weapons list damage as +X, (for instance Axe is +3D, meaning Might + 3D).

Ranges:
Dangit, that chart keeps getting screwed up due to slight differences between my copy of the file and Phil's copy. We've had a few server issues over the past few months that have made things worse (because I fixed it with the wrong file... again.)

Ranges should read:
Bow 30/100/300
Crossbow 50/150/400
All Pistols 30/100/350
All Rifles 100/350/500
Shotguns 50/150/400
BFG 100/400/700
Grenades 10/20/30

I'll post a corrected pdf in a moment. Sorry for the inconvenience. (I'm pretty sure there's a typo in this version that I knew of at some point, but the chart is correct.)

As for general skill descriptions, we never wrote any. (It's always been our intention that the skills should be fairly campaign specific and as broad as possible.)

Ray Nolan
Rosencrantz

Postby Malcadon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks! :D

The answer to unarmed damage was soooo obvious, that it was hidden in plain sight. :lol: I'm also use to unarmed damage being a d3, as with most other systems, so I got a little confused. The skill list must be from my fealty recollection...? Most of all, the weapon ranges are vary useful, so I'm glad you are making the correction.

This is a great rule-set, and is a lot easier to work with then the official Open d6 rules. Keep up the good work!
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Previous

Return to Other Games