Equipment Cards & Confedration Symbol Question

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

Equipment Cards & Confedration Symbol Question

Postby Jay_NOLA » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 pm

I did some playing around with Magic Set Editor, a free program, and used Tinagel's card templates for it which are for D&D and are on RPGNow.

To try and make some Equipment, Psi Power, etc. cards.

I knocked out about 16 cards for equipment and made one for each ESP power.

The templates were for D&D so I was thinking it might be better to make a new temples just for S&S.

So does anyone know if you can get a good copy of the Confederation symbol that can be edited to make a card back or background? That will also help with asome art projects I've been working on for nearly a year too.

Also is it ok to post the cards I've done? The equipment description text from S&S is on each one along with any other information.

Finally, anyone have any good images to use for equipment?

I have images for:
Communicator
Laser Sword
Beam Pistol
Beam Rifle
Data Recorder (Not Happy With Image)
Jet Pack
Jay_NOLA

Re: Equipment Cards & Confedration Symbol Question

Postby az_gamer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 am

Can't wait to see these they sound good.
az_gamer

Postby Jay_NOLA » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:32 pm

This is the rough prototype test version of some of the cards. You can see a PsI Card and a Tauran Abilities card along with some

The Beam Rifle and Energy Sword have a yellow/gold color boarder in the updated/current version. they got accidentally a red boarder in the test PDF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/saoatkcsjxaig ... s.pdf?dl=0

I can get a full set done by the weekend but need to find art for cards that need it. Art can always be added in and any changes made. I can put up the mse files so if you have that program and Tinagel's card templates for it you can edit them.

Some things on the cards are the result of how the templates are set up I used.

Please post any comments and links for suitable equipment images.
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Ok this is all of the equipment cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxe016qj7mcc5 ... l.zip?dl=0

Please look them over and report any bugs or problems. Note That I used one template type for most of the cards and another for some that had lots of text that wouldn't fit on the first type. So you'll find a place holder cards for about 3 items that just have the items name one them and another card that has the name, description, units cost, etc. for those items in a different format.

Pictures need to be added to cards and most have the default image. Any suitable images you know of please post a link PM me.

I also need to cut and past the images into the card template Word file to make a PDF for printing purposes.
Jay_NOLA

Postby az_gamer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:02 am

very cool, thanks.
az_gamer

Return to Starships & Spacemen