2. The Siege at Sukiskyn

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 2. The Siege at Sukiskyn

Postby Adapt » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Jarek - arrow wholesaler

"I have an extra quivver of arrows, Marion. If you find a bow, I'd be glad to give it to you."
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby rredmond » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Igli - impatient dwarf
"Guess if we gotta wait for them to come to us the quicker the better."
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:11 am

Biz: MU

Looks around the outside of the building (from windows/openings) to see how "surrounded" they are, and how many enemies are outside, counting the glowing eyes she sees in the darkness, and counting the camp fires.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Pyotr listens as you ask your questions and make plans under a cloudless sky with a full moon. The goblin drums and war-chants get louder and louder. He leans in close so you can hear him.

"We're a fighting people, and hunters too," he says. "Me, my wife, my son, all good shot with bow. Alfana better with dagger. My daughter Irina, you not met her yet, and Stellios have slings. Splitting up good idea. Stay inside, though, agreed."

The module writers must have anticipated this question. Page 8 includes a stat block for the entire clan! Those Brits think of everything. :D

Not only that, they also listed the contents of the armory, or
armoury as they call it.

The master of the house turns to Marion. "Of course! We have bow you can borrow," he offers. "Understand the Hin (halflings) are good shot with bow. We honored to have you on our side. No oil, I'm afraid," he says, turning back to Athelstan. "In forest, you want to burn something, burn wood."

Pyotr notices Bizenghast counting the fires. "Goblin trick," he says, heading over to her. "Light many fires in darkness. Hide their true numbers."

As if on cue, the drumming and chanting suddenly stop. All is silent.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Biz: MU

Bizenghast listens intensely... "Clever, and oddly logical. I would do the same if I were them."

She leans in close to Pyotr "If we can get a large number of them in one spot, I have some magic that could prove useful - an illusion of my choice. I also have the ability to turn someone invisible."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kipper » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius avails himself of a sling and some stones from Pyotr's armoury, if the opportunity arises.

(("Armoury" is, of course, the only correct spelling :D ))
kipper

Postby greyarea » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Tret, rogue

"Might I have more arrows for my bow?" He will set up where ever they suggest.
greyarea

Postby rredmond » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Igli too, restocked his arrows; and takes a few extras as this is going to be distance work for a while.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby badams30 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:03 am

Athelstan - Fighter

"We should split into two or three groups, one for the downstairs, and one or two for higher up with bows and slings. We need to identify each entry point on the 1st floor and address it, especially the doors. For the upper floors, we need to close all the windows except to crack a couple open for observation. We need to keep them closed to avoid showing our positions or numbers. We may want to have a sharpshooter or two up high on the battlement as well. I will remain on the ground level, as I am not an archer. Pyotr, you know your clan the best, I'd think it best to defer to you on how to best allocate them for defense of the settlement. What do you all think?"

OOC: While Pyotr and the group is debating, Athelstan will be watching from the battlement or a window for any movement. Once any decisions have been made, he'll head downstairs to stay close the the doors.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 am

Soldath - Mage

The cessation of the drumming would lead me yo think they are on the way... He will stay in the tower watching for movement in the forest,
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror