Interlude in Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude in Hommlet

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Nira Melubb scans the treasure and looks up at the party. You do realize that I'm a moneychanger and a jeweler, right? I can pry the jewels out of those weapons but otherwise have no use for them: I deal in necklaces and rings, not armor and daggers. The traders at the trading post across the way can probably take some of those off of your hands, but beware: they undercut and overcharge every chance they get. No longer welcome in here, they aren't. I don't have time for their kind.

All of the jewelry you have, those nice necklaces and the brooch, I could buy from you if I had the coin. But I don't. Small town like this, I don't carry coin that rich.

Now I can sell you some jewelry which might be easier to transport than all that coin. Might make it tougher to split up amongst you all but that's what I can offer. Merchants should be by in a fortnight or so, they're who I usually trade with. But folk round here don't have a need for lots of cash, so I don't carry it. Gems are much more my stock in trade, and I can show you some nice pieces if you're keen.

I do have a spare chest that you can put all of that in, if you'd prefer. It's in the other room and it locks and has a trap you can set. You'd be trusting your wealth with me, and that's your call.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby J.L. Duncan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:21 pm

badams30 wrote:Thurwin - Wizard

PP: 103
GP: 386
EP: 477
SP: 786
CP: 719

Misc Gear, etc:
Short sword with Topaz pommel worth 500GP
4 bolts of silk worth 10-60GP
Silver box worth 125GP
Jeweled dagger worth 250GP
Jeweled necklace worth 2400GP
3 shields, long sword, 2 Spears, Short sword
6 in tall ivory statuette (value unknown)
6 sets chain armor, 6 shields, 6 longswords, 6 crossbows
Necklace w/ Bronze disk with triangle symbol on it worth 20GP
Chain worth 7000GP set with 3 small rubies worth 1000GP each
Ruby ring worth 4000GP
Brooch w/ Carnelian cameo coat of arms of Veluna quartered by Knights of the Heart worth 800GP

That's what we've got.

Thurwin smiles at the moneychanger and says "Thank you, good sir. We have some items of lesser value that might be of interest to you, if you'd care to see them." Thurwin can pull out and and all of the items above to show him. We need to get rid of this stuff as much as possible, I know he prob can't do the weapons, but the rest? Maybe. Looks like we'll be holding the necklace and ring... perhaps we could see if he has a vault or something that we could store the ring and necklace in?

"Merlin's Beard, that's a lot of stuff!"

"Might I have (if it would fit), one of those chain armors? Thurwin?"

OoC: Yes let's change coin to gems. Muttering to Thurwin, we might also ask if we can employ the shop owner to take our items (armor/swords, jewels that he can't buy etc.) to store them here as well as offer them for sale on commission. Say about 25%... Either this or we're burying the stuff somewhere in the forest? I leave it you folks as this treasure was accumulated before I came on the scene.

Pax is heading over to the trader to see what is being offered and at what price.
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin mediates here and there in the village.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 pm

[quote="J.L. Duncan"][quote="badams30"]Thurwin - Wizard

"Might I have (if it would fit), one of those chain armors? Thurwin?"

No objections here - I think we agreed a while back that we'd take what we needed from the equipment rather than have to buy any.
Did our new hirelings take anything?
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Morgan concentrates to see if he can detect any evil from Nira. Assuming he finds none, he'll say:

"Changing all this coin for gems? Makes no difference to me, as long as I can give my portion to the poor. What I wouldn't give for a nice suit of plate mail, though," he confesses. He shakes his head to ward off the greedy thought.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kwll » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:54 am

Calthas agrees with the dwarf (for once ;) ) about giving the jeweler an interest to keep our stuff. If Morgan's probe is conclusive, we should put as much stuff in there as possible, maybe keeping a few coins 'just in case'.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:46 pm

kwll wrote:If Morgan's probe is conclusive...

OC: There's something unsettling about that phrase.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:21 pm

tumblingdice wrote:
kwll wrote:If Morgan's probe is conclusive...

OC: There's something unsettling about that phrase.

Don't let your mind wander too far.... ;)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Morgan detects no evil from Nira Melubb.

Pax can get one of the sets of chain to fit him with a little work.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

OOC: So lets try to get this moving, eh? Let's do this: I'll total all the coin up and we can get it converted and everyone gets a share. The weapons and other things we can take to these traders and see what they'll give us for them. Magic has been divided, so that should do it. We can either have a couple of us carry the ring and necklace or pay Nira to hold it. I'm fine either way. If we carry it, we may be able to pawn it somewhere else (not sure where) But you never know.

If that works, the total coin is something like 83GP per (split 8 ways) and 12PP per (split 8 ways also)

And if my math is right, we still have the following items left to part with or keep:

Short sword with Topaz pommel worth 500GP
4 bolts of silk worth 10-60GP
Silver box worth 125GP
Jeweled dagger worth 250GP
Jeweled necklace worth 2400GP
3 shields, long sword, 2 Spears, Short sword
6 in tall ivory statuette (value unknown)
5 sets chain armor, 6 shields, 6 longswords, 6 crossbows
Chain worth 7000GP set with 3 small rubies worth 1000GP each
Ruby ring worth 4000GP
Brooch w/ Carnelian cameo coat of arms of Veluna quartered by Knights of the Heart worth 800GP
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk