Just finished my current campaign map

This forum is for sharing your maps, and map making tips or ideas.

Re: Just finished my current campaign map

Postby scadgrad » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 pm

@ jasmith,

Just to talk shop, yeah, I'm an Adobe user having spent a good bit of time in advertising design and now teaching those apps (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator) at a local community college.

The AI files on Mystara.Thorf have a layer with the grid and then, beneath that, is a layer with blank symbols that one is supposed to select and fill with the appropriate terrain symbol of your choice. Unfortunately, the symbols have no stroke or fill and are not aligned as they should be with the hex grid layer above it. Snap to point doesn't work very well in this instance I'm afraid. I'm not sure how it would work if I converted those symbols to brushes, but I may give that a try.

On a whim, I took a look at Hexographer and it's pretty snazzy. Probably won't work worth a damn on my Mac, if at all, but I can always use this PC laptop I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I greatly prefer the look of a hand drawn map, but I think both can be useful.
scadgrad

Postby Black Wyvern » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:44 pm

I have used Hexographer on my Mac. My only problem is the maps don't look the same as they do in my head. Pretty sure that is not the computer's fault though.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby scadgrad » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm

My only problem is the maps don't look the same as they do in my head. Pretty sure that is not the computer's fault though.

We all have that happen I believe.

But yeah, been toying around with Hexographer on my Mac and it works just fine. Haven't completed the world map yet, but that has more to do with work this week (Spring semester starts on Monday).
scadgrad

Postby scadgrad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:35 am

I just through this quick map on my blog. I needed a player's map for a Stonehell Dunegeon campaign and thought I'd share it with anyone who might have a need.
scadgrad

Previous

Return to Maps and Map Making