[Exalted to BECMI] Glorious Solar Sorcery

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

[Exalted to BECMI] Glorious Solar Sorcery

Postby Agrippa » Mon May 20, 2013 4:13 am

As you know I've been working on an Exalted conversion project on and off for some time, mostly for Mutant Future. I'm not doing as well at that as I'd like but it's going along, sporadically that is. But the good news is that I've converted a single spell to Rules Cyclopedia/BECMI/Labyrinth Lord mechanics. In Exalted terms this would be a Solar or Adamant Circle spell, so I figured it would be a high level spell in D&D. So here the first spell is. I should warn you that I'm using the d20 spell format and not an Old School one and that this presumes use of Mutant Future's Willpower score Gama World's Mental Strength. It's also incredibly powerful so it might not fit all or even most campaigns.

Cleansing Solar Flames

Abjuration/Tansmutation

Level: Magus* 8, Prophet 6**
Components: V, S and 4 points of Willpower burn
Casting Time: 10 minutes per every 50 sq. miles
Range: Touch
Area: 50 sq. miles +50 sq. miles of shadowland or hellblight per level after 16
Duration: Instantaneous

When the sky is clear and the Sun is at its zenith this spell can purify the deathly corruption of the land. From the metaphysical center of a shadowland or hellblight the mystic begins her sacred work healing the poisoned magic of the land. Whether this is through prayer and meditation or means of occult science is meaningless. As the mystic recites this most holy of sorceries and miracles she reaches into the heavens and grasps a portion of its holy might. Thus a bright spear of light pierces the putrid miasma of death or foul smog of the damned. From this a shining golden aura that can be seen for miles forms just above the caster. The light then collapses into a single even brighter point, and then strikes the caster like lightning. Channeling the awesome power of this holy light through her body the illuminated mystic purges unholy corruption from the land’s magic. She does this at a rate of 50 square miles every ten uninterrupted minutes.

The below is for my sorcerer class. Yes, its basically just a BECMI/Rules Cyclopedia version of the 3.5 psion. I should note that this is version 1.0 of the class. A revised version will come soon.

Cleansing Solar Flames

Evocation

Level: Sorcerer 8
Components: V, S and 4 points of Willpower burn
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Area: 50 sq. miles of shadowland or hellblight
Duration: Instantaneous
Spell Points: 15
Augmentation: Yes.

When the sky is clear and the Sun is at its zenith this spell can purify the deathly corruption of the land. From the metaphysical center of a shadowland or hellblight the mystic begins her sacred work healing the poisoned magic of the land. As the mystic recites this most holy of sorceries and miracles she uses her innate magical energies to reach the heavens and allows her essence to be sanctified with holy light. Thus a bright spear of light pierces the putrid miasma of death or foul smog of the damned. From this a shining golden aura that can be seen for miles forms just above the caster. The light then collapses into a single even brighter point, and then strikes the caster like lightning. Channeling the awesome power of this holy light through her body the illuminated mystic purges unholy corruption from the land’s magic. She does this at a rate of 50 square miles for ten uninterrupted minutes.

Augmentation: A sorcerer can increase the area of this spell by spending two additional spell points for an additional 50 square miles, and 50 more square miles per every spell point after the 17th. This of course means that the sorcerer must increase her casting time by 10 minutes per every 50 square miles.

*Just magic-user with a more dignified name.
**Modified and renamed cleric variant I haven't gotten around to making yet. You can use the standard cleric class if you like.
Agrippa

Re: [Exalted to BECMI] Glorious Solar Sorcery

Postby Agrippa » Sun May 26, 2013 1:19 am

Agrippa

Re: [Exalted to BECMI] Glorious Solar Sorcery

Postby Agrippa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:36 am

Benediction of Archgenesis

Tansmutation or Lifewarping for sorcerers

Level: Magus 8, Prophet 6, Sorcerer 8
Components: V, S and 5 points of Contitution drain
Casting Time: Sunset to sunrise
Area: 50 sq. miles per level after
Duration: One year; indefinate
Spell Points: 15 (sorcerers only)
Augmentation: Yes (sorcerers only).

The mystic power possesed by the greatest masters of the occult sciences, the highest of prophets and saints or the mightiest of imbued or inborn mages is a sight to behold. Their powers are best thought of as forces of nature, like a tsunami or wildfire. But life it's self is a force of nature, as evidenced by the Benediction of Archgenesis. With this rite, barren and spoiled land becomes fertile. Begining at sunset on the new moon of the year's closing month, the adept draws a ritually prepared knife and cuts his bare feet with it, suffering five points of Constitution drain, for the life is in the blood. He walks in an expanding oval starting at the metaphysical center of the land he wishes to make fertile, his blood being leeched from hie feet to give life to the land. All ice and snow melt upon the completion of this spell and a gentle rain washes the caster's into the earth, the better to feed it.

In three months time the land is festooned with new plant life, animals nest and make their dens and health and happiness are in full bloom. Bogs are drained, desert and barren plains bacome fertile soil and all enviromental harm (short of a shadowland or hellblight) is healed. All non-Evil humans, demi-humans and humanoids living in the area gain a +1 bonus to all Agriculture, Fishing, Hunting, and Survival non-weapon proficiency checks in the area, as well a +2 bonus to saves vs. Poison, for the purposes of resisting disease. All reactions to the caster by locals in the area are improved by +1.

Augmentation: If a sorcerer wishes to increase the area of this spell beyond 750 sq miles he must spend an additional spell point per extra 50 square miles covered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ability Drain

Among the most uncommon and debilitating of maladies faced in a PCs carreer short of death or level loss is ability drain. When a character suffers ability drain, whether by magical or other overwhelming attack, disease or deliberate sacrifice, he loses the listed amount of hit points and cannot recover them naturally. He is so mangled in either body or mind that his own body won't heal by its self. These ability points remain lost until he recieves healing in the form of a restoration spell or similarly potent treatment.
Agrippa

Return to Open Workshop