Famine in Far-go

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Famine in Far-go

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:34 am

[url]Image[/url][/url]
Last edited by Blood axe on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Famine in Far-go

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:35 am

[url]Image[/url][/url]
Blood axe

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 am

Famine in Far-Go. Probably my most favorite Gamma adventure. Yes, it railroads the characters...but its fun!!!
Blood axe

Postby narpet » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:12 am

It is a great module... I still have the original. But I've never seen the updated art you posted. Is that from a remake?
narpet

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 am

narpet wrote:It is a great module... I still have the original. But I've never seen the updated art you posted. Is that from a remake?

I have it too, thats a scan of my actual copy.
The pic is from a remake. The newest edition of Gamma World with collectible cards. Not a great game. The Far-go adventure barely resembles the origonal at all. You can usually get the new GW stuff cheap. Some of the art & ideas are interesting.
Blood axe

Postby Malcadon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 pm

I like Legion of Gold much better -- it gives you more area to work in, and not offensively railroady. ("The players will get knocked-out and caught by the Baders, even if you have to ran coconuts on their thick heads!" - What I was thinking when reading the module.)

The lady in the classic pic as a small, stubby foot. The lady in the newer pic needs to find better footwear -- how dose she walk in those?!? :shock:
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Malcadon wrote:I like Legion of Gold much better -- it gives you more area to work in, and not offensively railroady. ("The players will get knocked-out and caught by the Baders, even if you have to ran coconuts on their thick heads!" - What I was thinking when reading the module.)

The lady in the classic pic as a small, stubby foot. The lady in the newer pic needs to find better footwear -- how dose she walk in those?!? :shock:

I have Legion of Gold too. I have to take a second look at it, if you say its that good. But I do really like Famine in Far-go. :D
I like the original art better. The new stuff seems a bit over the top. (for me anyway)
Blood axe

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 am

narpet wrote:It is a great module... I still have the original. But I've never seen the updated art you posted. Is that from a remake?

The pic is from the latest Gamma World rules. Its like D&D 4th edition. Everyone has "powers" depending on their origin.

First off , the setting changed a bit. Instead of it being a Post-Apoc game after bombs, war, etc. , somehow reality has been warped and aliens, undead, mutants, demons, and mixed creatures there-of roam around.
Characters roll on a chart(well now 3 charts are available) twice to pick their character. If you roll the same result twice you are a Pure Human.

1 android
2 cockroach
3 doppleganger
4 electrokinetic
5 empathy
6 felinoid
7 giant
8 gravity controller
9 hawkoid
10 hypercognitive
11 mindbreaker
12 mind coercer
13 plant
14 pyrokinesis
15 radioactive
16 rat swarm
17 seismic
18 speedster
19 telekinetic
20 yeti

You roll twice and you determine the form your character has. You gain 3 powers from each form.
So if you roll seismic & hawkoid, you might be a gargoyle like creature.
Giant & cockroach, a beetle humanoid.
Rat swarm & felinoid, a swarm of small cats/kittens, or a swarm of rats that keeps the form of a tiger.
Android & plant, a robotic creature designed to look like a plant for camouflage.

There are two charts of 20 and one chart of 10 choices.

I like the idea of a swarm sharing one consciousness & staying together in a crude humanoid form.
Blood axe

Postby narpet » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 am

Blood axe wrote:

The pic is from the latest Gamma World rules. Its like D&D 4th edition. Everyone has "powers" depending on their origin.

First off , the setting changed a bit. Instead of it being a Post-Apoc game after bombs, war, etc. , somehow reality has been warped and aliens, undead, mutants, demons, and mixed creatures there-of roam around.
Characters roll on a chart(well now 3 charts are available) twice to pick their character. If you roll the same result twice you are a Pure Human.

1 android
2 cockroach
3 doppleganger
4 electrokinetic
5 empathy
6 felinoid
7 giant
8 gravity controller
9 hawkoid
10 hypercognitive
11 mindbreaker
12 mind coercer
13 plant
14 pyrokinesis
15 radioactive
16 rat swarm
17 seismic
18 speedster
19 telekinetic
20 yeti

You roll twice and you determine the form your character has. You gain 3 powers from each form.
So if you roll seismic & hawkoid, you might be a gargoyle like creature.
Giant & cockroach, a beetle humanoid.
Rat swarm & felinoid, a swarm of small cats/kittens, or a swarm of rats that keeps the form of a tiger.
Android & plant, a robotic creature designed to look like a plant for camouflage.

There are two charts of 20 and one chart of 10 choices.

I like the idea of a swarm sharing one consciousness & staying together in a crude humanoid form.

Interesting.... who published the newest edition? I have the original, the Sword & Sorcery d20 edition, the Alternity edition... but that's it. Is this a WotC product?
narpet

Postby sniderman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 am

narpet wrote:Interesting.... who published the newest edition? I have the original, the Sword & Sorcery d20 edition, the Alternity edition... but that's it. Is this a WotC product?

Yup.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.asp ... /254600000

Kinda came out of nowhere. Was surprisingly well-received by folks. Thought it was gonna be WotC's next big line. Then, after two supplements, they killed the line.
sniderman

Next

Return to Mutant Future