(2) Character Questions

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

(2) Character Questions

Postby Clangador » Sat May 21, 2011 6:05 pm

I have never GMed MF before.

1.) PC replicant has Metamorph - wants to change into a tiger or panther. What stats should I use for that?

2.) PC is a mutated animal wolf (or worg). What abilities might he have before rolling for mutations?

Thanks in advance.
~Clangador

CAUTION: prolonged exposure to Clangador has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people. No vacuum tubes or other user-serviceable parts inside. ~{[(The End)]}~
Clangador

Re: (2) Character Questions

Postby sniderman » Sat May 21, 2011 10:02 pm

1. I'd use the tiger/panther stats in the MutFut rules (Large Cat - page 65).

2. It's covered on page 13: "A mutant animal may choose one natural weapon at character creation, appropriate to his animal type. Damage from a natural weapon should be rolled using a d6; 1-2 1d4; 3-4 1d6; 5-6 1d8. Typical natural weapons include horns, teeth, or claws." You don't want to give him any "freebies" other than this bit of extra animalistic weaponry, otherwise you risk a bit of game imbalance.
sniderman

Re: (2) Character Questions

Postby Clangador » Sun May 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Okay. Thanks.
~Clangador

CAUTION: prolonged exposure to Clangador has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people. No vacuum tubes or other user-serviceable parts inside. ~{[(The End)]}~
Clangador

Re: Character Questions

Postby Justin S. Davis » Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Clangador wrote:) PC is a mutated animal wolf (or worg). What abilities might he have before rolling for mutations?

sniderman wrote:) You don't want to give him any "freebies" other than this bit of extra animalistic weaponry, otherwise you risk a bit of game imbalance.

--

Gotta disagree with my esteemed colleague here.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to add an Increased Sense (or two), particularly if the PC is from a "breed" of mutant wolves instead of just a unique specimen.

In my campaign, I have PCs playing a Mutant Crawdad and a Mutant Turtle. I let them both start with Natural Armor (Extreme), and since the Crawdad's people are semi-aquatic, I also allowed Aberrant Form (Gills & Lungs). From that point, they rolled for mutations normally.

I think it all balances out in the end, because of the hefty chance of getting Physical Mutation Drawbacks. The Crawdad rolled 3(!) disabilities, and the Turtle got 2.
Consult A Field Guide To Doomsday, for all your mutant monster needs!

http://afieldguidetodoomsday.blogspot.com/
Justin S. Davis

Return to Mutant Future