2. The Siege at Sukiskyn

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 2. The Siege at Sukiskyn

Postby rredmond » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Igli - dwarf

"Our apologies Pyotr. Our rough couple of days, what with the ambush and bear and all is nothing compared to yours. Our comrade doesn't mean to take out our bad times on you and your family." Igli says sincerely, "now let's get to goblin killing!"
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby greyarea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Tret, rogue

"Oops? I guess I won't be endearing her anytime soon."
greyarea

Postby kipper » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius cannot help an amused smirk creeping onto his face at the antics of the Traladarans.

"Indeed, if you would care to lead the way, Pyotr," he says, stifling a chuckle.
kipper

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Biz: MU

Remains quiet and follows her new-found companions.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Marion - Hobbit

OOC: Marions not really a 'do-gooder' and is not all that keen on helping humans she doesn't know.

Game: Marion will stand in the back biding her time. She will help kill Gobbos where she is most needed, mostly for the sport and she would like a warm place to spend the night
and she would like to drink these people's beer

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 pm

To your surprise, Pyotr is nowhere to be found. You look around for a moment or two, and then see a door open at the end of the hallway. Out comes Pyotr with a lit torch and a smile on his face.

He had never stopped moving, and missed the entire exchange with Darya.

"This way," he says, jacking his thumb behind him. "No time for chat. Let's go!"

You follow him up the dark, curving staircase of the tower. When you reach the first landing, Pyotr gently grabs a hold of Tret's arm, turning him around. "What happen to your face, my friend?" he asks, holding his torch up to examine Tret's rapidly swelling cheek. "Hmm," he says, "you should get my wife to take look at it."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 pm

You reach the top of the stairs. Pyotr opens a solid oak door and leads you on to the battlement. War chants and drumming echo around you, while the light of numerous fires surround the homestead. Dozens of pairs of glowing red eyes flicker in and out of view as the goblins make their way amongst the trees.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Athelstan - FIghter

Chuckling, to Igli and Renardius - "Looks like we have them right where we want them..." Athelstan then sets his sword down and takes off his cloak, shaking it off and reversing it so the bright blue and large crest of the Duchy are visible, then he picks his sword back up and sheaths it. Now sufficiently attired for combat:

To Pyotr and the group: "Goblins aren't brave or smart, but they are cunning. With the barn and wall burnt to the north, they'll probably try to storm that side. We still need to watch the east, and maybe the bridge area, they could try to attack that way as a decoy, but I think we need to concentrate on the north and east, but keep a watch on the south and bridge area as well. Do you agree, my friends?"
"Igli, Renardius - do you see an opportunity for us to strike a blow at these things, or do you think we should wait it out? I would love to strike them first, but with those wolves, I just don't know."

Questions for Pyotr:
How many of his clan are armed effectives? Of that bunch, how many are archers, or just melee
What kinds of weapons and arrows does he have stockpiled? Any oil we could light and toss?
Does Pyotr know of any secrect approaches, or anything that could be of tactical benefit to us?

Athelstan proposes grouping party members with clan members and splitting into areas of watch, with a plan if the homestead is stormed. If we venture outside, that should probably be just us, not the clan members. But I'd defer to my colleagues on that.
badams30

Postby kipper » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

badams30 wrote:Athelstan - FIghter
"Igli, Renardius - do you see an opportunity for us to strike a blow at these things, or do you think we should wait it out? I would love to strike them first, but with those wolves, I just don't know."

Renardius shakes his head. "As much as I'd love to as well, I think going out there now would be suicide, they'd flank us then surround us and we'd be finished. Our best chance is to wait for them to come to us. Of course, if we could somehow lure them in here, so much the better..."
kipper

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Marion - Hobbit

Adjusts her cap. "Err, anyone have a bow and arrows I could borrow?"

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror