The Town That Was Not There

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Town That Was Not There

Postby Fearghus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Einar, Thief

"Easy, Grimes", he says with a friendly smile. "We'll need that hostility for where we are going".

Einar makes sure he has his belongings before stepping closer to his companions, "This is my first time be wished away by someone other than my mother!"
Fearghus

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:33 am

Dieter - Mage

Trying his best to talk over Grimes: Thank you for the the shard and healing. We will be successful in this mission! I think we are ready to go. Dieter will grab the potions and the shard.

OCC: Sheet updated. Will divvy up the potions when we reach the cave.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 am

Castinus grins at Grimes' jests, then frowns slightly as the halfling's flirts with Shae. He shakes his head. "Let's get going," he says.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:00 am

The tiny wizard on the horse's head casts his spell.

The paladin and Lammasu give blessings.

The elf says, Look for the Wizard's Mouth on the south of the Mountain. Legend says that is the entrance.

The world does a kind of venetian blinds effect, with one location folding into another like slats. Dieter could swear that as they popped out of existence, he saw his old teacher wink. Then you were in the new location.

You are in a cave. It is not deep but it is deep enough for all of you to fit. Your steeds and porters were transported there too, and Karl tries to settle down the horses, who are a bit spooked, while Theo tries to settle down his stomach, which was spooked as well. The Dead Gnoll's Eyesocket, which is where you are, is fairly comfortable, for a cave. There is a small spring in the corner which gives fresh water, which itself runs down a small rivulet out the cave entrance and down to the river to the west. There is even a fire circle from previous occupants.

Looking out the cave mouth, you can see White Plume Mountain to the northwest. It dominates your view that direction. From the two miles to its base is dismal moors and thickets: a marshy swamp that won't be fun to cross. The mountain itself stands alone rising nearly half a mile above the surrounding land. The white plume that gives the mountain its name issues from the very summit of the mountain another 300 feet into the air, trailing off to the east under the prevailing winds like a great white feather. Smaller plumes of wet spray shoot out of steam vents in the mountain's side, visible even from here.

You believe it still to be around noon, although the sky is so obscured by the plume that it's hard to tell. The normally powerful sun is a mere disk in the sky, slightly brighter than the surrounding cloud. Theo starts making some lunch (your bellies rumble at the smell of food) and Karl suggests washing some of the vomit, Trog muck and other grime from your clothes and armor. Dandy also suggests healing if anyone still needs it and wonders who's getting those potions.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby kjc » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter
If you aren't going with us, then shut yer' hole, jerk." He winks and Shae and says in low tone "Still pretty glad to see ol' Grimes again, eh?"
:lol:

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"Castinus" Shae whispers, "May I have a swig of ale please? I'm feeling a little nauseated. When Grimes flirted with me...I threw up in my mouth a little..."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes will take the time to clean and oil his armor, wash his clothes and gather his stuff for the journey. "I guess Theo and Karl can camp out here. Should be safe enough, eh? This shouldn't take too long anyway. Find some stupid wizard and chop off his legs while taking his stuff. Easy peasy."

Grimes will grab a huge slug of beer from one of the casks. Then he raises and eyebrow and says to Karl and Theo, "Don't consume all the hootch when we are gone. We'll need it when I get back."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Dieter - Mage

Oi, gents. Shae and I need to study for a day or so to make sure our majick craft is at full potential. If this wizard can move cities... well, we need to be at full potential before we face him and his minions. Let's also take a look at our haul and divvy up the items of most use.

Shae, my book o' fun is open to you!

I would think we should take at least one porter/torch bearer with us. The other stays here and keeps an eye on the valley and our goods. What do you all think?

OCC: Below is a list of the magics found in the "haus von Ogre" as well as the potions the kings representatives coughed up and a tentative list of who I think might benefit form them. Feel free to change it, please speak up! Please update your sheets if that looks like it will work. Dieter would like to copy hold person and summon familiar into his spellbook if there is no issue with that (he already has a scroll of it). He will allow Shae to copy whatever she would like from his book. Unfortunately, no lightning bolt. :(

Summon Familiar (Dieter, copy into spell book)
Water Breathing (Shae)
Dispel Magic (Shae)
Hold Person (Shae, maybe copy into her book?))
Ward Against the Undead (Dandy)
Floating Disc (Shae)
Levitate (Dieter)
Wall of Stone (Dieter)

Potion of Flying (Castinus)
Potion of Levitation (Castinus)
Potion of Heroism (Furuk)
Potion of Healing (Dieter)
Potion of Sweet Water (Dandy)

3 Potions of Extra Healing (shared but distributed to Grimes, Furuk and Castinus)

Wand of Polymorphing (Shae)

Ring +1 (Castinus)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Staying there is fine.

I noticed that Einar gets nothing, was that on purpose? ;)
greyarea

Postby Fearghus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Einar didn't get in on it until the tail end. It'd be a bummer to swipe something from the characters that went through the entire scenario.
Fearghus

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 am

Castinus is fine with his allotment. :D

"Save some beer for the rest of us," he says to Grimes, helping himself to a pint. "Hmmm," he grins to himself, watching the halfling drink. "Pint..."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain